Superhub 3

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Theydon Bois, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:05 PM.

1. Theydon Bois

Theydon Bois

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,222
    Please tell me I am not the only one that has a pile of garbage SH3 router that constantly drops the internet yet Virigin says there are no problems in my area, yet Edge is full of tabs that say 'Click Me, Connection problem'

What have you done about it? Modem mode and buy a new router? Gone back to SH2? Something else? Whats the point of upto 350m/s if it doesnt work in the first place?

2. aslird

aslird
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,225
    My SH3 works fine with Chrome, never use Edge so cannot comment with that, - the Wifi can be a bit weak however at the top of the house.

3. Delvey

Delvey
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,723
    As above, mine works fine.
    I did have to change the wireless channel to something other than Auto however, as wifi get dropping on the auto setting

4. Theydon Bois

Theydon Bois

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,222
    Sorry, I meant it drops internet connection constantly. When it does, it opens a tab in your default browser to say something has gone wrong on any device connected via ethernet. Edge is the default browser on my HTPC, but I hardly use it for the web (bar netflix) so it has loads of tabs with the error message.

I have a few devices wired to the router, one to a HomePlug, then multiple on wireless.

It drops constantly, and is really bloody annoying.

5. beckford

beckford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +334
    I'm still on Superhub 2 but turned it into "Modem only Mode" and now use a Netgear X6 (R8000). Better connectivity, both wired and wireless :smashin:. Not noticed any drops and its been in since August.