SuperHOT VR

Presuming Ed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Took everyone's advice and bought this. Turns out it was very good advice.

Had about an hour on it today. I love the styling, I love the gameplay. Mind was blown.

So clever. And the sense of achievement from shielding a bullet, dodging one ... incredibly satisfying.

The shivers on the bridge when there are two of them on each side of you, and you have to be lightning quick. And the level on the platform when they're coming at you from below. It took me a lot of attempts to get through that one, I'm usually slow on the uptake with these things and at that point hadn't realised that dodging wasn't the only way of avoiding bullets.

At that point I must have looked stupid to anyone watching as I usually ended up curled up in a ball on the floor. Saying that, the cameras worked very well (I have one at 10 o'clock and one at 5 o'clock) with not the slightest hint of occlusion.

I got to the end of the first 'disk' I think just had a helicopter explode in front of me then went back into the control room.

Can't wait to get on with it tomorrow.

Agree it's great fun and anyone into VR needs to get this game. I haven't been playing it for a few days as I don't want to finish it to quick. Just had some family over and they were all blown away bullet train sister in-law loved it and she hate gaming.

Agree it's great fun and anyone into VR needs to get this game. I haven't been playing it for a few days as I don't want to finish it to quick. Just had some family over and they were all blown away bullet train sister in-law loved it and she hate gaming.

I'm in the same boat. I was a bit worried it was going to finish, there were a couple of levels called things like 'last words' but I moved onto a new one. I'll give it a rest for a few days now - the old joints are aching a bit from the constant movement!

Although it's not built for it, the room scale still helps, like the one where you're in a room, unarmed with 3 enemies. I was all over my cage trying to nick a gun from one of them!

It seems to be more platform independent than most of the Oculus exclusives. There's no finger pointing or anything like that, just grab and shoot. So will probably work better through ReVive than most stuff.

Also prices of stuff that's on Oculus and Steam tend to be the same now.

It seems to be more platform independent than most of the Oculus exclusives. There's no finger pointing or anything like that, just grab and shoot. So will probably work better through ReVive than most stuff.

You can point no probs with the Vive wand, press the grip, rest your thumb on the trackpad and don't pull the trigger. Lift your thumb off the trackpad to do a thumbs up point. I was able to do all gestures of the Touch tutorial with the Vive wands quite intuitively.

It is compatible with Revive if you really want it. £18.99 though, I think I'll wait and hope for a Steam release.
Yes - I have just started playing it using ReVive.

Little bit late to the party on this one but I picked it up over the weekend. I never really got on with the 2d version but I really like the VR Version.

I've done the first disk so far so im hoping ive got a fair few more levels to complete, the premise is so simple but surprisingly fun trying to work out the best plan of attack.

Also turns out Touch controllers are surprisingly durable and can withstand being hit against a wall, desk, monitor door and even a lighbulb! I need more room for this one.

I was also late to the party, got this a week or two ago. Just wish it was a lot longer (a second play-through is easily done in under an hour).

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom