1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SuperGrace Radeon VE and XP

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gary Lightfoot, May 20, 2002.

1. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,083
    I've upgraded my non-htpc computer to WinXP, and it's been running very well - no crashes even though it's been left on continuously for a few days with lots of downloading and dvd/mpg movie playing and running different programs.

I decided to download the SG Radeon XP drivers (R6xp) so that I could access the extra settings and stuff for playing back DVDs etc.

Installed the drivers fine, but found that although the settings showed that the refresh was 85hz at 1024 x 768, it was actualy only about 60. Changing the refresh saw the screen collapse/recover as normal, but no internal switching for the refresh could be heard (this worked fine with the standard XP drivers).

I tried changing screen resolutions as well, and even restarting after changing the refresh, but it wouldn't have it.

I rolled back the driver to the original XP driver, and the refresh is functioning again - seems like a driver issue, not hardware.

Anyone else using the 64meg SG Radeon VE and XP with no problems?

TIA

Gary.