1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SuperFi advice, good or bad.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by BigScreenAl, Feb 1, 2003.

1. BigScreenAl

BigScreenAl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am contemplating buying the Pioneer VSX-D2011 to accompany some Kef KHT-2005 speakers.
    I was pretty much set on the Pioneer until I visited my local SuperFI retailer who recommended the Rotel RSX-1055, quite a bit more expensive but reconed the Pioneer was full of gimmics that I wouldn't need, which I probably agree with. He was praising the power supply to the Rotel and told me how important it was to have a good power supply.

I want to go to 6.7 / 7.1 so with the Rotel would need the extra 2 channel amp, obviously costing more.

My question is: In my living room, will I notice the difference between the Rotel and the Pioneer? 99% usage for home cinema, 1% music.
    Am I just being advised to get the Rotel as it costs more??

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    From what I have read on the 2011 and I've read a lot (i have one on order), it is brilliant for movies, I'm pretty sure it will beat the Rotel in this area. For music though, the Rotel should win out.

Check out AVS Forum lots of info on the 2011, they call it the 45tx there.

3. Chip Johannssen

Chip Johannssen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably not if you are using Kef eggs. You are intending to use a fairly expensive amplifier with budget lifestyle speakers which IMO is overkill.

4. BigScreenAl

BigScreenAl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm limited to the KEF's due to space in my living room, what amp would you recommend? Is there a cheaper 6.1 / 7.1 amp that will suffice?
    Thanks for your views.

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Try having a look around for a Denon 3802 which has just been superceded and is available at under £600