Superdrive Problems

asimm

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The superdrive no longer appears in my system profiler and will not work. I have re-set the PRAM, done the battery thing (some kind of re-set - can't quite recall what it is called). Will try the install disc tonight but:

Does anyone have any tips for fixing a UBMBP Superdrive?

If I can't fix this it will be off to Apple who have already quoted 7 business days to fix but what I forgot to ask them is, if I have to bring the machine in do they keep the machine or can they order the part in, I keep the machine and then when the part arrives they can replace it there and then?

I really do not want to be without the machine even for a day.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

what I forgot to ask them is, if I have to bring the machine in do they keep the machine or can they order the part in, I keep the machine and then when the part arrives they can replace it there and then?

That's what they've done on my repairs, though whether on the day or you have to leave it depends on their workload.

Thanks for the replies, I honed Apple Bluewater who said that I could keep the machine until a Superdrive arrived if it was deemed that it needed changing. The only overnighter could be if they can't quite figure out what the problem is in the 20 minute Genius assessment.
Anyway was experiencing even more problems as in system profile when I clicked on the Serial-ATA it was saying that there were errors and could not scan it. I did a check online and it looked like this could be a serious fault.
Anyway have now booted in safe boot mode and all back - SuperDrive and Serial-ATA in the system profile. Hopefully that is it fixed, only time will tell.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom