• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SuperDrive issues?

drb5

Established Member
Ok, so i have a 2012/13 MBP which i've fitted a Samsung SSD to and shifted the original HDD to where the SuperDrive lay.

Now, all is fine, the MBP works perfectly, but on trialing the SuperDrive i'd fitted into an enclosure and also a proper Apple SuperDrive i had for my Mac Mini, neither of them are picked up by the MBP. Tried both USB ports, but i will say when i plug the Apple SuperDrive into the MBP, i hear a slight noise from it. It doesn't show up in Devices at all and trying to slot a CD/DVD into either doesn't do anything.

Any ideas? I read somewhere, that a slight change in Terminal can get them working properly, but tbh i won't use them at all(was going to sell the Apple SuperDrive and keep the original SuperDrive for the sake of it).

I still have my Mini and i haven't tested them on it yet, as i still need to dig it out, but i'd expect them to work regardless?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom