1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbit DVD's.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by penfold, Aug 15, 2002.

1. penfold

penfold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, what's all the fuss then? What is actually different that makes these films superior, and do I need particular equipment/configuration to watch/optimise them?

cheers,
    Dan.

2. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You don't need any special equipment - any standard DVD player will fit the bill. Superbit DVDs strip out all the "extras" we now associate with DVDs leaving as much space as possible to record the movie and soundtrack at the highest bitrates possible. In theory giving the best possible sound and vision quality.
    There is however some debate as to whether this is the case - as I have some special edition DVDs that are recorded at a higher bitrate than the so called superbit discs

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    As I unserstand it, it is the filtering used with Superbits that make them special, high bit rates on there own dont count for much.

4. gimli

gimli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Superbits are worth buying if you're not into extras especially if you have a decent sound system and large screen.