1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbit DVD's - Any good?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Mike Bell, May 27, 2002.

1. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Read a lot about these CTHE Superbit discs that have been out for a while now. I've already got the original versions of Crouching Tiger and Vertical Limit which have now been released as Superbit discs.

Has anyone bought the original versions of these and then also purchased the SB versions?

If anyone has, is the sound and picture enhancements worth losing the features for?

Any opinions gratefully received

Ta

Mike

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    Hi

I bought the Superbit version of Vertical Limit and to be honest apart from the DTS track theres not a huge amount in it. AirForce One is much better (DTS again) as the original is a flipper and the picture quality is also improved. Fifth Element is another but not a lot in it either apart from the DTS track.

Got a few of the other Superbit titles but didnt have the originals in the first place so cant compare.

Those with Projectors and large screen TV´s may notice even bigger improvements though.

3. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. soulbrother michael

soulbrother michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my superbit copy of the patriot yesterday.Having got rid of my r2 version a few months ago.This is the first deluxe superbit title which means it contains a second disc of extra features,the picture quality is only on a par with the r2 i had but its got dts and does sound great.I also have Desparado Superbit ,the quality of picture is probably the best ive seen on dvd so far.

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You really need a PJ to benefit from the extra bitrate of superbit releases.

I've a Panasonic PT-AE100 via HTPC, & the picture from The Fifth Element superbit is astounding.

Best by far in my collection.