Superb FM from T31

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by batleys, Jun 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. batleys

batleys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having used DAB for a while and been disappointed with the sound quality - even with BBC Radio 3's 192 Kbps, I purchased the T31 FM tuner, and got a three element FM aerial professionally installed, and I have to say I'm blown away. The sound, imaging and detail is superb, to all intents and purposes there is no stereo hiss (you get more hiss from the different audio sources that are used), and even compressed commercial stations come out with an enjoyable vibrancy.
    To be honest the difference between FM and DAB is half way between FM and AM - thank goodness for FM - and my T31 has brought a whole lot of fantastic live and recorded music and plays to me.
    :thumbsup:
    Simon

2. Dean_S

Dean_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Firstly, I'm glad you're pleased with the new tuner.

Does the T31 do Long Wave - Radio 4 Test Match special (252kHz)? I must listen to us give the Aussies a good thrashing this year!

Please Arcam do an FMJ equivalent of the DT91, then I could listen to the cricket on DAB and would still have high quality FM capability.

Is a new FMJ tuner planned?

Thanks,
    Dean

3. batleys

batleys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dean

No the T31 does MW only. The T21 does LW but doesn't have RDS.
    I don't know if an FMJ version of the DT91 is due. I guess the low bit rates used for DAB would lessen the demand for another FMJ DAB receiver - even as a hybrid FM one.

Simon