• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Super Time Force

Nice little retro game and it's getting high ratings, but Christ on a bike, it does my head in. Not clicked yet with the whole time travel mechanic - can't really see now it works or what benefit it has beyond confusion!

I'm hoping it clicks as it's quite enjoyable in other areas.

Anyone else sussed it out properly?

amardilo

Distinguished Member
I like a lot of Cappy's previous games and this one has a cool/hip dinosaur in it so I am downloading this now.

turk3y

Looks great and will be getting this shortly,

From a review I read I think the trick is when you die and come back make it your priority to kill your killer before he kills your original self, once you do that your original self lives and fights alongside you.

Looks great and will be getting this shortly,

From a review I read I think the trick is when you die and come back make it your priority to kill your killer before he kills your original self, once you do that your original self lives and fights alongside you.

Thats one thing you can do with the time maniplulation.

You can also 'layer' players into the battle, so you could have a grunt firing, then 'rewind', add another grunt, rewind, add a sniper etc etc. In fact, its the only way you can beat the boss battles.

But what I find confusing is the ghost of that player still does his thing in the background, but it also looks like the enemies continue in 'this' time line, which can be annoying (as I say, until it clicks) - so if they are firing at your ghost they can still hit you with the bullets they fired at it - and I'm not 100% if the bullets the ghost fires affect anything. At the moment, its too chaotic to notice...

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Hmmm to buy or not to buy, looks fun but is it fun enough?

Does 360 still do trials of arcade games? Its exactly the same game on 360/xbo apparently.

Nukleuz

Yeah, but is it 1080p/60FPS? :p

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Am loving this game at the moment, currently trying to complete the Mad Max style levels.
Have no idea what I am doing most of the time but seem to be completing the levels.
Its manic on screen when you have 6 characters all doing their thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom