Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Well it's definitely an Ultimate release given what they've packed into it. Not sure if I have the capabilities to learn everything that's required to play it properly but I'm going to give it a go!

EDIT: £60 for the regular version and a whopping £82.50 for the game + fighters pass.

Last edited:
Well it's definitely an Ultimate release given what they've packed into it. Not sure if I have the capabilities to learn everything that's required to play it properly but I'm going to give it a go!

EDIT: £60 for the regular version and a whopping £82.50 for the game + fighters pass.
£45 in SA for regular. I had regular pre-ordered for £42 (but cancelled) in physical.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with 2x gold points @ Nintendo eshop south Africa 40 or 45 without points - HotUKDeals

Yeah I’ll get it from SA then nearer the time.

I'm probably going to wait until new year. I think I am just in a gaming lull!

Looking at it, buying the premium pass from ZA comes to £60 so might just do that and then get everything for the price of the regular version here in the UK.

Does this definitely need the multiplayer online pass?

Held off getting it but kinda feel like I need it after this.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Preordered the digital version of the game on CDKEYS for £47.99

Preordered the digital version of the game on CDKEYS for £47.99
Good price. I went Physical in case it does not click for me. I have never played a Smash game, closet I have played is power stone on the Dreamcast.

Caved and pre-loaded a digital key (nice chap on classifieds sold for £42 :) )

I have little time for and less interest in playing online, but reviews suggest there’s a strong single-player mode.

I’ve never played a Smash Bros game so have no real idea what it’s like.

I’m not overly keen on DLC, less so if many small or microtransactions are involved, but wouldn’t want to miss out on things.

Is it for me?!

Do you like fighting games?

I loved Street Fighter II back in the day and played it to death. Ditto Super Street Fighter II. Could never get into Tekkem, which my brother had.

But apart from that, I’ve never really played any. Unless you count SF 4 Volt on iOS, which I don’t think I do, and Super SF 4 on the 3DS, which I just couldn’t get into.

So I’m thinking the answer is ‘No, I don’t, really’. But there’s just something about Nintendo that makes me wonder.

I have little time for and less interest in playing online, but reviews suggest there’s a strong single-player mode.

Is it for me?!

Only watched two reviews so far and the single player mode seems repetitive and not particularly fun.

I love Street Fighter and these two games have little in common. Unless your going to play on line or have friends you can play against this may not be a good investment.

I loved Street Fighter II back in the day and played it to death. Ditto Super Street Fighter II. Could never get into Tekkem, which my brother had.

But apart from that, I’ve never really played any. Unless you count SF 4 Volt on iOS, which I don’t think I do, and Super SF 4 on the 3DS, which I just couldn’t get into.

So I’m thinking the answer is ‘No, I don’t, really’. But there’s just something about Nintendo that makes me wonder.
Gameplay of Smash Bros is nothing like Street Fighter or Tekken. Really is it’s own version of a fighting game.
I love Street Fighter & still currently playing SFV, but don’t really get on with Smash Bros...but still preordered it as my nephews love it :rotfl:

Have a look at this which explains how it plays/works

Gameplay of Smash Bros is nothing like Street Fighter or Tekken. Really is it’s own version of a fighting game.
I love Street Fighter & still currently playing SFV, but don’t really get on with Smash Bros...but still preordered it as my nephews love it :rotfl:

Have a look at this which explains how it plays/works
Thanks. That was useful as it all-but confirms it’s not for me. It looks ridiculous.

Actually, I’m sure it’s a lot of fun. But given my backlog and the fact I’m time-poor, I think I’ll pass.

I came here just to see all the fantastic comments on how good the game is , The only thing wrong with the game is the ridiculous price on the eshop of £59.99 ... we have been waiting all year for this and the latest comments here are reasons why people aren’t buying it hahahaha

Last edited:
The only thing wrong with the game is the ridiculous price on the eshop of £59.99 ... we have been waiting all year for this and the latest comments here are reasons why people aren’t buying it hahahaha
It's cheaper SA but it's true it's not cheap .

I got a code for £42 on classified ads here. It plays well (spent 30mins playing earlier). Online was lag lag free and smooth. Lovely.

I came here just to see all the fantastic comments on how good the game is , The only thing wrong with the game is the ridiculous price on the eshop of £59.99 ... we have been waiting all year for this and the latest comments here are reasons why people aren’t buying it hahahaha

That’s a fair rrp in my eyes. It’s a AAA release. Christ, the game took four years to make, has 74 fighters and 104 stages, and an insane amount of side content. I’ll easily get 100+ hours out of it.

Games aren’t shat out in a year by a team of five people any more. It’s a shame gamers don’t recognise the value of games any more.

Anyway I’m about to fire Smash up for the first time, see you all in a few hours/days.

That’s a fair rrp in my eyes. It’s a AAA release. Christ, the game took four years to make, has 74 fighters and 104 stages, and an insane amount of side content. I’ll easily get 100+ hours out of it.

Games aren’t shat out in a year by a team of five people any more. It’s a shame gamers don’t recognise the value of games any more.

Anyway I’m about to fire Smash up for the first time, see you all in a few hours/days.

You miss the point.

It was widely available £42 at Base preorder. So why £60 for digital? That's almost 50% more.

You miss the point.

It was widely available £42 at Base preorder. So why £60 for digital? That's almost 50% more.

No i didn’t. £60 is the rrp, if shops choose to sell it cheaper and give up some of their profit margin that’s up to them.

Pretty annoyed at the post service here. I ordered from am "overseas" seller to save $40 and sent it to my house thinking it'll arrive Saturday. But turns out they have a local version and seemingly sent local stock for release day, so I've had to redirect my parcel a whopping 500m to the post office as I wasnt going to be at home. Seems that slight change for the same postman to drop somewhere else on his route means my game is now stuck the other end of the country and won't be coming until at least Monday as it's not even on a plane to leave Auckland yet.

No i didn’t. £60 is the rrp, if shops choose to sell it cheaper and give up some of their profit margin that’s up to them.
Maybe. I think you're a little dismissive of people's expectations, as I don't think anyone has suggested this shouldn't be done sooner or with any less effort. I think everyone is suitably impressed and it's a sweeping statement to suggest people are not recognizing the value of games any more.

But it's even more expensive than RDR2 as well at RRSP. That's a game with significantly higher production costs and is even bigger in status than Smash in reality.

Mario Odyssey is just as significant and was £49.99.

Nobody's spoiling for an argument, just observing the reality.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom