Super Smash Brawl - Error reading disk

psychocandy

Standard Member
And this is a brand new (original) disk...

Any ideas?

I've heard a rumour that this is the one disk your wii will have problems with if any?

I've also tried a friend copy before this and that didnt work either. I just assumed my friends was a little scratched.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
There is definately something in this game as you suggested. If I remember rightly it was the first(and as far as I'm aware the only) game to be burnt on both sides of the disc(dualdisc), meaning that any disc read issues(usually caused by a dirty laser) are likely to cause problems.

Might be worth getting in touch with Nintendo, I seem to remember they were offering a repair service for this fault, not sure if there would be a charge, shouldn't be if under warrenty.

psychocandy

Standard Member
There is definately something in this game as you suggested. If I remember rightly it was the first(and as far as I'm aware the only) game to be burnt on both sides of the disc(dualdisc), meaning that any disc read issues(usually caused by a dirty laser) are likely to cause problems.

Might be worth getting in touch with Nintendo, I seem to remember they were offering a repair service for this fault, not sure if there would be a charge, shouldn't be if under warrenty.

Took the first one back to the shop and got a replacement, just in case it was a dodgy disk, but thats the same.

Ordered official Nintendo Lens cleaning kit from Play.com to see if that makes a difference.

I'd heard Nintendo were doing this for free if you sent it back to them. Trouble is I dont want to send my wii back to them - if you know what I mean ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom