Super Saver Delivery dropped to £5

About time too! thanks :thumbsup:

Aha, that's because it's in that section of AVF that people only tend to frequent when they've got something to moan about. :D

Still hats off to both you and namuk for bringing it to our attention. It's definitely about time that amazon offered free delivery on 'nearly' all their orders.

never scene that section mate . i did have a look mmmm there is a bit of it there .. no worrys:thumbsup:

did not want to step on toes here sorry for that. and i do not want to see. i seen it first bull post if you get my drift :) (not you partyweb) which happens

Meh, if they stopped adding 3 - 4 days of pre-dispatch delay to Super Saver orders I might be interested As it stands, something ordered by Super Saver Delivery from Amazon (whose depot is in Gourock, about 25 miles from Glasgow where I live) generally takes several days longer to arrive than the same item ordered from Play.com in Jersey.

must be the credit crunch

Possibly but also competition.

I buy a lot of single CDs and DVDs and previously all of that custom has gone to Play or HMV etc because the Amazon p&p made it too expensive.

Also Amazon ship most of their media stuff from Jersey now so they need to bring their policy in line with the Jersey-based businesses.

I've still be buying a lot of sub-£5 stuff from HMV recently - Amazon won't be picking up that business.

Cheers,

Nigel

Amazon also has new owners and it looks like they changed a few things. I don't get cardboard packaging anymore from Amazon.com and gone to using jiffy bags.

Amazon's share price (AMZN) has tumbled 45% year-to-date, but they're still a public company with a market capitalisation of $22 billion. You may be thinking of Indigo Starfish, who are Amazon's preferred Jersey merchant; they ship many products sold on the UK site (in jiffy bags) as noted in their listings? If an item says supplied by Amazon.co.uk then it's still shipped by Amazon themselves (with better packaging)!

Amazon's share price (AMZN) has tumbled 45% year-to-date, but they're still a public company with a market capitalisation of $22 billion. You may be thinking of Indigo Starfish, who are Amazon's preferred Jersey merchant; they ship many products sold on the UK site (in jiffy bags) as noted in their listings? If an item says supplied by Amazon.co.uk then it's still shipped by Amazon themselves (with better packaging)!

They are using jiffy bags at Amazon.com.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom