Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be confused with Super Street Fighter II seeing as another thread just opened for that game;)

Just noticed some videos pop up for this over at IGN. Hadn't heard it had been announced but pretty excited at the prospect of this on XBLA:)

Was one of my favourite puzzlers back on the playstation 1, a fantastic fun with 2 players and back then it was the only game that knocked Bust-a-Move off the top spot for "one last go" pick up and play 2 player battles!

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/900/900205/vids_1.html?RSSwhen2007-04-13_170500&RSSid=780664

This is superb news, loved the game on the ps1 and still play it from time to time. I will be getting this with out a doubt.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Saw it this moring over @ Team Xbox but you beat me to the post. LOL.

Cant wait for this, CAPCOM seem to be getting there skates on, now how about Ghouls 'N' Ghost's & Ghost's 'N' Goblins. :lease:

Are they going for the longest title of a game ever produced ????

Seriously - can anyone think of one to beat it ???

Looking forward to it though - even though it will take me about three minutes to order it in the shop !!!

Are they going for the longest title of a game ever produced ????

Seriously - can anyone think of one to beat it ???

Looking forward to it though - even though it will take me about three minutes to order it in the shop !!!

Hehe, fair comment, mind you you're going to get some strange looks ordering it in a shop anyway being an XBLA game;)

Tetlee Quote:

Hehe, fair comment, mind you you're going to get some strange looks ordering it in a shop anyway being an XBLA game

Doh - forgot about that !!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rolleyes: :smashin:

Excellent news, it's been a while since I played this (I think back in the days of the PS1). Have the graphics been touched up, it does appear so?

Have the graphics been touched up, it does appear so?
Yes, without a doubt.

I can't wait for this game - is it still due for this month, does anyone know?
I see there are some packs available already for 100 points, but there's no sign of the game itself :rolleyes:

Get in, it's coming out next week...
"Super Puzzle Fighter HD Remix has been approved by both first parties and as promised we will be doing a near-simultaneous release.
XBLA – August 29th – 800 points
PlayStation Network – August 30th – $10.00"

I haven't brought the full version (yet) but the demo plays just like it always did as far as I can tell. The graphics have been given a major upgrade with the exception of the animated characters in the centre of the screen, they look a bit grainy.

The demo is limited to easy, which as always was far too easy to complete.

Downloaded the trial version, and it is ok. I won't be purchasing the full game as I just don't honestly think that I will play it that often.

Not one for me. :(

Downloaded the trial version, and it is ok. I won't be purchasing the full game as I just don't honestly think that I will play it that often.

Not one for me. :(

Dang, was hoping to give you a few games being one of the people on my FL that was interested in the game.

Haven't tried the demo yet as we've been out all morning, will be testing it out soon though & probably unlocking the full version. Like yourself I can see me not playing it too often, but hopefully it'll be one that gets played now & again, enough to warrant it's space on the HD:)

Didn't realise it had supported 4 players over Live until I selected the download, will be interested to see how that works.

Dang, was hoping to give you a few games being one of the people on my FL that was interested in the game.

I know mate - I was looking forward to it, but for me, how can I put it, it just wasn't that much fun. In fact the more I think about it, the more I really did not like the free trial. Perhaps some of you guys will let me know what the full game is like - especially the MP.

But what with me only being about half way through Bioshock, three quarters of the way through The Darkness and with Warhawk on PS3 coming tomorrow, this is right at the bottom of the pile.

ive just got this, liking it more than i thought i would, anyone wanting some friendly games, although im only an amateur, add me to your FL gamertag is fragdude

Had a quick blast of the demo just now, thought it was as great as ever & the graphics are lovely & crisp!

Haven't unlocked it...yet. Want to make sure at least a few from my FL pick it up first as Puzzle Fighter is multiplayer through & through:)

Looking at the achievement list got me a bit nervous, there's a few odd number ones in there which I hate(like a tidy gamerscore:rolleyes:) such as a couple of 7's and a 6. As long as you get those three though you'll be back on track(one of them is a ranked one though & I suspect there's alot of Puzzle Fighter veterans out there:rolleyes:).

The game's absolutely awesome - everything I hoped for and more. The original game is in there, complete with updated graphics - I've already completed arcade mode on normal, but hard is a real step up in class.

Where the game really comes into its own is in multiplayer on Live. The lag is minimal, the addiction level maximal :D

I started playing last night, had some absolutely fantastic games, and suddenly realised I'd been sat in exactly the same position for almost 3 hours. My back's killing me now!

Got to agree I'm enjoying this game :thumbsup:, I haven't played it since my PS1 days so still a little rusty (well that's my excuse :D)

If anyone wants to add me to there FL I'll be up for a few online matches

I generally can't work out what the hell is going on, despite having read the "how to play" section! There I am thinking I am doing really well withy virtually no gems left on my side of the screen... and then I suddenly lose all in one go with no warning :suicide:

I have only been playing the demo but I think that's more than enough as I get brain overload extremely quickly when playing this kind of thing! :rolleyes:

What a great version! I haven't unlocked it yet, but I've had some great fun this morning in local multiplayer. A superb conversion and one that I'll very likely be buying!

There I am thinking I am doing really well with virtually no gems left on my side of the screen... and then I suddenly lose all in one go with no warning :suicide:
I'm far from a great player, but I feel equipped to give a little bit of advice here. DON'T keep your side of the screen clear. Instead, you have to build up some huge blocks, then blow them up all at once. If you don't have any gems, you don't have any way of attacking your opponent. The game is all about racking up massive combos and knocking your opponent out with one hefty punch.
I only played the PS1 original a couple of times at a friend's house, then tried to buy it but couldn't find the game anywhere. I'm only now getting the chance to get into it fully, and I'm slowly learning the best strategies. It's quite a complex game when you take the various attack patterns of each character into account.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom