1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super monkey ball help req.

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Taz, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

p l e a s e... someone give me a cheat/hint/walkthrough for SMB for GC :(

I find it so frustating and want to unlock all the great mini games ;)

Please help before I go mad and eat the disc! :mad:

cheers :D

Taz.:cool:

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Where are you stuck Taz?

3. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Advanced 15? Advanced 30? Expert 7?

Need more info...

4. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just find the game so annoying :mad: just need a little help as the mini games look great ;)

Even level 10 on the beginners level makes me wanna throw the joypad! :blush:

;)

5. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Just out of interest taz, are you using an official pad?

I have an unofficial pad and it's nowhere near as controlable as the official one.

If you are struggling with an official pad then all i can suggest is that you take things a little more steady. The harder you try, the harder it is.

If you want to get your play points up try playing the first few levels on advanced, then skipping back to beginner etc etc The you can play the mini games.

Wait til you get to ADV 15!!!

6. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Cheers Steve, will give that a go. BTW I'm using a Wavebird so when I throw it, it will go a lot further because of no cable! :D ;)

7. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Damn good idea that!!!

Wavebird...hmmmmmmmmm:D

8. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    BTW, If you get really frustrated DON'T unlock Monkey Golf first!

9. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just cant get on with this game, much better with normal pad but its just one of those games that really P*** me off! :mad:

Is it just me or is this game too hard??

Any other game I can keep trying on but SMB just makes me MAD! :mad:

:mad: ;)

10. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it is quite hard as it is a matter of pure skill, but with practice it dows get more familliar and you whizz round levels like beginner 10 only half concentrating.

Practice mode is the key, you gradually get used to going down 2-square platforms and learn to do 1 square ok as well. Also, after you have unlocked all the minigames the play points give you extra continues (infinite at 10 continues).

I will try and find the link to videos of a guy doing expert levels at high speed - including master mode ones (all 50 expert and the 10 extra in one continue to unlock...). I'm sure they will spur you on (or make you give up straight away!):D

11. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  12. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'd level 15 advanced and can't remember any clues??

13. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The game isn't that hard to be honest.. Its more of a mental effort than anything. On Advanced 15 the most difficult part is basically the last bend. As you approach the final bend, stay towards the inside and gently roll to let gravity do its stuff. At the very moment you move, turn right and then push up, almost like a quarter circle. Keep tabs as the camera sways and adjust your control. Once you've done that just take your time to the goal since I've seen people rush towards it with joy, only to knock the upright and fall to their doom.

Advanced 30... Is this the last level? I can't remember... If it is then again its not too hard. Once the level begins, swing the camera to your left (about 45 degrees or so) and you should see a clear path formed. Leg is across and make sure you pull the brakes on time. Once you're on the small platform keep your balance and wait patiently until the long narrow platform comes around with that bouncer thingie ^_^ If you've missed it then don't worry. Just aim to be in front of that object once you move on the long narrow platform. Once that is done its basically about control and then you can take the Monkey home.

If you've unlocked this then try it on the practise mode if you are not confident yet. Just study the level and its patterns and soon you'll be wondering what all the fuss is about.

I can't remember beginner stage 10 but I'll post up some helpers in the morning.

From the time I've played Monkey Ball I can do Advanced with no continues and no loss of life. I haven't had a crack at Expert much, but I went up that ramp on the second level and moved on from there.

Whatever you do though, don't throw the pad ^_^ And don't give up. Honestly its more of a mental block than anything since if you enter a level and think OMG then you've failed already. Have faith and the good work will pay off.

14. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the advice sounds easy (sic), but I'll probably and up throwing the joypad! I;ll give it ago in the morning

15. Choddo

Choddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unlocking the minigames isn't a case of being any good... you just have to keep retrying. You can earn Play Points by just redoing Beginner 1-9 if you want. To be honest, this is not a hard game, you just have to be patient and not rush at the goals.

16. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I'm currently stuck on expert 7. But I've got bad news of a sort for people like Taz: Ign.com reviewed Monkey Ball 2 on Saturday, which is released stateside today, and said it has a steeper (!!!??!!!) learning curve than Monkey Ball 1 (oh, and 150 levels as opposed to 100 or so!!). I can't wait for it to come out over here!!

17. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Taz - Beginner Stage 10... Just go past the narrow passage at the start and then move towards the left side of the platform. Do a 180 to look at the goal and just run off the platform and hopefully you should land on the middle platform. From there its plain sailing.

I believe on the website that Big Jim posted theres a video of it done in style. The choice of monkey does affect the amount of gravity/acceleration and that I believe.

Can't wait for Super Monkey Ball 2 ^_^ I should have pre-ordered it but then I have ordered Mario Sunshine which should be winging its way to me anytime soon...