Super-mega 100Mbit broadband?

BenTheBookie

There was a big front-page spread in my local paper the other day about BT putting 100Mbit broadband in my area (Milton Keynes). I checked SamKnows, and my current, rubbish, connection comes from the same exchange which is being upgraded.

Does this mean that I should be able to get the new speeds?

I've tried looking for info on BT but can only find the news story -- just hoped someone on here might have a little more info!! :thumbsup:

confused88

Novice Member
Most of their broadband limits are well beyond what can be achieved. I get 2-3 when the theoretical limit is 8 here and as said the 3gb average daily limit makes it pretty much pointless for now anyway.

accyuklad

Banned
so there 100mbit be pointless as loads will complain about it maybe if o2 and be came out with it everyone would want it

t72bogie

Novice Member
imagine how much bandwidth is required for a big exchange with tens of thousands of people if they all want 100Mbps.....

...it will be a long time coming - mostly the headline figure is for marketing purposes to attract the top 5% of users who will pay for it ......

accyuklad

Banned
well bt already have certain limits on all packages i not sure on there 20meg tho as i not heard anyone getting throttled or anything so for and they to dear

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom