• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Super Mario Maker 2

BMox81

Distinguished Member
DAY.ONE.

Be still my beating heart.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
This is super tempting. Be interested to know if you need switch online to play others levels as this could sway me to finally.sigm up

I imagine that's exactly what you'll need.

pixlrik

They got rid of the online sharing capability in the Wii U version and I don't think it was even present in the 3DS version. Now that online is paid for I guess that the feeature will be back for the Switch version.

I'm honestly so excited for this. I loved playing this on my friends Wii U.

Flashy

Distinguished Member
I've watched the trailer and it looks brilliant. But I have Mario Maker on the 3DS and just couldn't get into it and can see the same happening here.

When I was a kid I'd have absolutely loved designing levels and playing them through, but I simply don't have the time for all that now.

Nezben

Distinguished Member
Pre ordered the limited edition from Nintendo. Can not wait!

pixlrik

I don't know if it's gonna be worth staying up to 11pm just for 15 minutes, I'll watch it tomorrow morning in the car before I walk into work. I doubt there'll be too much revealed that we don't already know anyway.

Nezben

Distinguished Member
I don't know if it's gonna be worth staying up to 11pm just for 15 minutes, I'll watch it tomorrow morning in the car before I walk into work. I doubt there'll be too much revealed that we don't already know anyway.

You will be surprised.

Game looks absolutely stellar!

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Looks like they’ve pulled out all the stops for this!

pixlrik

Watched it this morning and loved it, so it has reaffirmed that this is a day one purchase for me.

Plus there appears to be speculation about another game mode to be announced (maybe at E3) or maybe released later in the year as DLC. There certainly is a gap for it amongst the selection screen. My guess would be either Super Mario Bros 2 or Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. The latter would look gorgeous in HD and would be like 3D World in that you have to start from scratch if you select it as it would have a completely different set-up.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
What's the digital pre-order price in the UK - £50? (Got the SA store loaded up at the moment)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom