Super Mario 3D All Stars

I'm so happy I get to play Sunshine again.

I cannot wait for this.

Never really ‘got’ 64, maybe because it was so dated by the time I actually played it (Wii VC maybe?). Never had Sunshine or Galaxy, so I’m in. Pity Galaxy 2 isn’t included, though.

Not clear on this bit, though, courtesy of Nintendo Life:-
A limited production of Super Mario 3D All-Stars launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch family of systems on Sept. 18 and will be available until approximately March 31, 2021.
Does that mean limited physical release but presumably will be available digitally, too?

I thought it meant both physical and digital would be available until then...

Never really ‘got’ 64, maybe because it was so dated by the time I actually played it (Wii VC maybe?). Never had Sunshine or Galaxy, so I’m in. Pity Galaxy 2 isn’t included, though.

Not clear on this bit, though, courtesy of Nintendo Life:-

Does that mean limited physical release but presumably will be available digitally, too?
I would imagine that is just that the physical version will be limited. So better get in there early.

Was thinking they’d do a 2nd compilation for the last 2 games, Mario Galaxy 2 & Mario 3D world, but seems Mario 3D world has already got a stand-alone release?
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Furylaunches for Nintendo Switch on Feb. 12, 2021.
So what’s happening with Mario Galaxy 2? Shame if it’s left as the only one they skip, as it’s a 10/10 game as well.

Mario 3D World trailer.

Really makes you wonder what’s up with Mario Galaxy 2 as would be strange to release that as a stand-alone since Galaxy 1 is in All Stars.

Would it be wishful thinking that if you buy all-stars & 3D world (ie redeem the stars for both games) they’ll give you Mario Galaxy 2 as a free download, hence it’s strange omission 😬

Would it be wishful thinking that if you buy all-stars & 3D world (ie redeem the stars for both games) they’ll give you Mario Galaxy 2 as a free download, hence it’s strange omission 😬
I hope that’s it. I doubt it will be but you never know.

So it’s fifty quid for three old games, one of which I know I’m not fussed by. Hmm. Nintendo certainly knows how to delight and disappoint in equal measure.

Old, but never bettered (by others), so does it matter that they’re old? :)

Mario 3D World trailer.

Really makes you wonder what’s up with Mario Galaxy 2 as would be strange to release that as a stand-alone since Galaxy 1 is in All Stars.

I would understand if they had done a remaster and put in a lot of work. But this just looks like upscales and no real reason to keep Galaxy 2 off this.

Old, but never bettered (by others), so does it matter that they’re old? :)
I’ll reserve judgement on Sunshine, sure Galaxy is worthy of its praise. But 64 hasn’t stood the test of time as far as I’m concerned, not like Ocarina of Time has. I know I’m in the minority there.:)

I’ll get them, but the package is too expensive and the omission of Galaxy 2 is just plain odd.

I’ll reserve judgement on Sunshine, sure Galaxy is worthy of its praise. But 64 hasn’t stood the test of time as far as I’m concerned, not like Ocarina of Time has. I know I’m in the minority there.:)

I’ll get them, but the package is too expensive and the omission of Galaxy 2 is just plain odd.

£50 for three amazing Mario games is a bargain in my eyes.

£50 for three amazing Mario games is a bargain in my eyes.
Fifty pounds for three games with a combined age of 55 is at least a tenner too much.

And Super Mario 64 is not amazing. I’m sorry, it’s not. It may well have been at the time but it has aged poorly. It deserves its praise and its place in history but I have no desire to play through it again.

Had the games be remastered properly, as OoT and Majora’s Mask were for the 3DS, or if they weren’t but Galaxy 2 had been Included, £50 would have been about right.

As I said, I’ll be getting it. And I’m really looking forward to playing Sunshine and Galaxy. But £50 for three games without the natural fourth one does seem a bit off.

I still love playing Mario 64. Brilliant, imaginative level design.

I have OoT & Majorca’s mask on both N64 & 3DS. There wasn’t that much done in their remaster other than better frame rate & higher resolution.

Fifty pounds for three games with a combined age of 55 is at least a tenner too much.

And Super Mario 64 is not amazing. I’m sorry, it’s not. It may well have been at the time but it has aged poorly. It deserves its praise and its place in history but I have no desire to play through it again.

Had the games be remastered properly, as OoT and Majora’s Mask were for the 3DS, or if they weren’t but Galaxy 2 had been Included, £50 would have been about right.

As I said, I’ll be getting it. And I’m really looking forward to playing Sunshine and Galaxy. But £50 for three games without the natural fourth one does seem a bit off.
I didnt realise it was full price. I agree that seems expensive for some retro games.

Will the physical release of Super Mario 3D All Stars be available in the UK or just in North America?

When will it become available for pre-order and what’s the best place to pre-orde from?

Cheers

My recent purchases:

Wii for Galaxy and Sunshine backwards compatibility.
Wii U for 3D land

,😂👍

Will the physical release of Super Mario 3D All Stars be available in the UK or just in North America?

When will it become available for pre-order and what’s the best place to pre-orde from?

Cheers
At the moment there is bugger all info available. Considering it's out in about 2 weeks I am surprised etailers don't have it up for pre-order.

Preorder at £42.85 on shopto at the moment.
Official Nintendo store is £50 (as expected) & Amazon also preorder for £50.

This is why there is so much delay with a new Mario and Zelda games with every Nintendo console, people just get too excited for rehashes of the old game than encouraging Nintendo making new releases.

Doesn't look like we'll get another Mario 3D game for at least another 2 years by the looks of it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom