Super Mario 3D All Stars

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Sold for me. I’ll be playing Galaxy first for sure. It’s going to great and just the thing to keep me busy before next Gen.

Lezman

Pre-order made from Shopto. Even though I know it's ludicrous that they would stop selling something that is popular for no reason in March, that gets that part of my brain going.

Never played Mario 64 or Galaxy.

ml337

Already gone at ShopTo. Was a bit slow, had to order at Amazon. Although I'm sure there will be more stock in coming.

Bossk128

I don't believe in the practice, but I just don't understand how some people (the buyers) can be such numpties.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
It’s not like it’s even going to be a limited number available either, pretty sure it’s going to be widely available until the 2021 date.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
I don't believe in the practice, but I just don't understand how some people (the buyers) can be such numpties.
Yeah I don’t understand it. Often see people actually paying hiked up prices on eBay (sold items) but the item is still freely available at RRP or less on Amazon & other sites 🤷‍♂️

Cha1ky

I dont think it is going to be freely available though. I think its for sale until that time but that doesn't mean you can just walk to the shop and buy it either.

For example Shopto had 'Sold Out' next to their version yesterday. So I think there will be limited quantities too.

Now to put these 20 copies on eBay......

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I dont think it is going to be freely available though. I think its for sale until that time but that doesn't mean you can just walk to the shop and buy it either.

For example Shopto had 'Sold Out' next to their version yesterday. So I think there will be limited quantities too.

Now to put these 20 copies on eBay......
With Shopto the only reason it says sold out is because they’ve reached their initial stock allocation from their supplier.

PFMC84

The game has pre-loaded onto my Switch, raging I can't actually play it for another week! At least I know what I'll be doing all next weekend though!

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Apparently this is being sent out to Base.com customers.

"We have just been notified of our allocation of Super Mario 3D All-stars (Nintendo Switch) and it is woefully short. This is very disappointing and it is with great regret that we have to inform you that we will be unable to fulfil you order on the day of release. Further, as Nintendo and their UK distributers are unable to give us any reassurance that more stock will become available after release, we have taken the regrettable decision to cancel all orders."

Qactuar

Apparently this is being sent out to Base.com customers.

"We have just been notified of our allocation of Super Mario 3D All-stars (Nintendo Switch) and it is woefully short. This is very disappointing and it is with great regret that we have to inform you that we will be unable to fulfil you order on the day of release. Further, as Nintendo and their UK distributers are unable to give us any reassurance that more stock will become available after release, we have taken the regrettable decision to cancel all orders."
Nintendo have guns that aim solely at their feet, don't they?

hippo99

Distinguished Member
^If you do decide to go digital with this, worth considering the 2 game vouchers for £84 Nintendo offers (if you’ve got Nintendo online).

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
^If you do decide to go digital with this, worth considering the 2 game vouchers for £84 Nintendo offers (if you’ve got Nintendo online).
Yeah that’s what I’m going to do for the boy at Christmas, he wants this and now wants hyrule warriors so this seems the best course of action.
I’ve just pre ordered from Amazon as the mother in law got me a £15 gift card for my birthday last month so seemed a bit daft to not put it towards it, wonder if I’ll actually see by Friday.

pratty

Nintendo have guns that aim solely at their feet, don't they?
I don't know that's it's Nintendo's fault beyond that they made it a limited product, which is an established and common practice in the industry.

Perhaps base.com took more pre-orders than they knew they could handle, so as to draw consumers to them and away from their competition, and the gamble backfired?

The game is still available to preorder elsewhere anyway.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
The game is still available to preorder elsewhere anyway.
It may still be available to pre order elsewhere, it doesn’t guarantee you’ll get a copy though
I reckon the vast majority of pre orders will be taken up by the scalpers going by the amount of ridiculously priced eBay listings there are at the moment.