Super Hi Vision 22.2 Surround Sound

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Seriously Ltd, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Seriously Ltd

Seriously Ltd
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,404
    Not sue where to post this thread but just thought I would share my experience with you guys.

I have been working at the Olympics in the International Broadcast Centre. They have a cinema set up run by the BBC and NHK.

The screen is 33 million pixels in 3D. Very very impressive better than any 4k demo I have seen.

22.2 surround sound. Truly awesome experience. They show footage both live and pre recorded of Olympic events as well as footage of Space shuttle launches. You feel as if you are in the main stadium.

This goes to show that the BBC takes HD and surround sound very seriously.

2. roland seal

roland seal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Thank you very much for that info. I used to work in TV and I could never have imagined that things would have developed to what you have described. Don't think I am going to be lucky enough to see that show. As far as I know there is not much like that happening here in France. So I suppose that I'll just have to make do with the sun and the food etc and a life of retirement.

3. Seriously Ltd

Seriously Ltd
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,404
    You lucky man. It was really impressive and good to know that the BBC are taking hi def and surround so seriously.

Enjoy the sun and relaxation.