Super GT championship league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunhawk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi JM,

I haven't ventured into the online racing side of GT5 - all my racing has ben in A/B Spec, but this race series really appeals to me.

Just a quick question - do we use a car from our offline garage, or when i am in the lobby i just choose from the permitted cars you have listed?

Thanks
Dave

I still want to see Monaco removed, because it doesn't suit the Super GT cars. Also I still think you should add SSR5 and Tsukuba or Daytona road course to the series.

Other then that, I think you should limit the teams to three drivers. While only allowing two drivers to score points in the teams leaderboard.

Hi JM,

I haven't ventured into the online racing side of GT5 - all my racing has ben in A/B Spec, but this race series really appeals to me.

Just a quick question - do we use a car from our offline garage, or when i am in the lobby i just choose from the permitted cars you have listed?

Thanks
Dave

The stock cars i mention are the ones you can choose from the online garage in the lobby(recommended list i think its called) and there are two available. the other models you have to buy from the dealership for 950k

I still want to see Monaco removed, because it doesn't suit the Super GT cars. Also I still think you should add SSR5 and Tsukuba or Daytona road course to the series.

Other then that, I think you should limit the teams to three drivers. While only allowing two drivers to score points in the teams leaderboard.

i might ditch the team drivers or limit it to two as we will now have one specific race day a week which will be on a sunday at 9pm.

i personally think monaco should be a track we play on as i feel many do enjoy racing in that track and it is the best city track in the game imo. better than rome, tokyo and london

Last edited:
we will now have one specific race day a week which will be on a sunday at 9pm.
In that case Jonney I'm going to have to drop out of this because of my F1 commitments :thumbsdow Shame really, I was looking forward to this as well :(

The stock cars i mention are the ones you can choose from the online garage in the lobby(recommended list i think its called) and there are two available. the other models you have to buy from the dealership for 950k

i might ditch the team drivers or limit it to two as we will now have one specific race day a week which will be on a sunday at 9pm.

i personally think monaco should be a track we play on as i feel many do enjoy racing in that track and it is the best city track in the game imo. better than rome, tokyo and london

+1 me like Monaco :)

Looking at the requirements I guess I can't use my stealth GT-500?

That's 545 BHP, weight 1050kg.

Monza(Circuit de la Sarthe)

I'm assuming thats a typo...

Track list is final, so are the dates. still tweeking the laps as 18 may be fine for some tracks but maybe too short or long for others.

it will be only 8 rounds. every sunday at 9pm lobby opens and you got 30mins to join and do your qualification laps before the actual race starts at 9:30pm.

Lobby may be opened earlier than 9pm but the track will not be loaded before 9pm so if i come on early we can do a fiew 3-5 laps around random tracks with random cars.

If i am late for the race, i nominate C225 to host it for me. @C225. wait 5mins after 9pm. if i dont arrive by then. setup the lobby and race will start 9:35pm.

Jonney if there is space can you include me in the championship please! Thanks.

Well you can remove me from the list as I can't do Sundays, so there's 1 free space :(

.....unless of course its possible to politely ask for the day to be changed? ;) There is no way I can get an entire Sunday evening 'pass' from the missus to stay on the PS3 that long :D

Last edited:
Well you can remove me from the list as I can't do Sundays, so there's 1 free space :(

.....unless of course its possible to politely ask for the day to be changed? ;) There is no way I can get an entire Sunday evening 'pass' from the missus to stay on the PS3 that long :D

I reckon i would be able to attend more meetings if it was a week night, sometimes we do stuff on a sunday and are not at home.

Jonney?

i could do thursdays at 9pm but i may be late coming on as i normally get back from the gym after 8:15pm and gotta eat my dinner :)

that will mean i will have to let C225 or someone else to be the one hosting the events every thursday at 9pm. someone that 9/10 can guarantee they will be in ready to play before 9pm.

Tuesday and wednesday i can do but i will 100% miss one race round or two as it will clash with live football.

ok here is what we will do. vote two-three days you will 9/10 be guaranteed to play. all races will happen at 9pm though so just pick a few days and i will count up the votes and pick the most voted day.

if your available mon-sunday just say "any day"

edit: im thinking sundays may not be ideal because my mate jcwhite says top gear starts in a few weeks lol.

copy this table and ammend it with your chosen race day

AVF name || Days available to race at 9pm
jonneymendoza || Sunday, mon,thurs,fri
Kinetic_Frenzy ||
LeePie ||
y2blade ||
oil_slickz ||
C225 ||
TVR_Fan(maybe) ||
darkwiz66 ||
MadCommuter ||
Jcwhite(maybe) || sun-thurs
andyshez ||
MadduckUK ||
Tall_Paul ||
darren1978(maybe) ||
nmcdonald ||

Last edited:
Looking at the requirements I guess I can't use my stealth GT-500?

That's 545 BHP, weight 1050kg.

I had the same thought, would have been nice to see the Stealth's lined up in this grid, but alas there is no way of reducing their BHP..

Looks like I'm going to have to find me an alternative ride.

Are we supposed to stick with one car throughout?

I think i might use the Calsonic car in the online garage, hopefully its up to the Job.

Kinetic_Frenzy ||
LeePie ||
y2blade ||
oil_slickz || Monday - Thursday :)
C225 ||
TVR_Fan(maybe) ||
darkwiz66 ||
MadCommuter ||
andyshez ||
MadduckUK ||
Tall_Paul ||
darren1978(maybe) ||
nmcdonald ||

Jonney if you or C225 are not about on a paticular night i dont mid being back up to open the lobby :smashin: The offers there if needed.

I think i might use the Calsonic car in the online garage, hopefully its up to the Job.

definitely will be. only difference between the car i brought and yours is that you cant tune yours, wont make THAT MUCH of a difference though.

edit: and yea i think its fine if u make the lobby but its your responsibility to notify all of us that you made one.

personally we have had big issues when i said first come first make room thats why now i or c225 host the room.

as a last resort you ccan be 3rd in line as host

Last edited:
definitely will be. only difference between the car i brought and yours is that you cant tune yours, wont make THAT MUCH of a difference though.

hmmm.... when you say tune, what else can you do? I thought the Calsonic was maxed out. mind you if these new seasonal events are easy i might just splash the cash.:)

I played around with my 3 Nissans yesterday and annoyingly found that i was a bit faster in the Calsonic on that track.

Did the same the other day on a different track and i found the Z was faster for me.

Need to buy a Lexus to try, but wasnt keen on the Honda's.

hmmm.... when you say tune, what else can you do? I thought the Calsonic was maxed out. mind you if these new seasonal events are easy i might just splash the cash.:)

tune as in adjust downforce, suspensions and gear ratio's. it doesnt make the bhp of the car faster, it just makes the car more easier to drive based on your driving technique and track.

if you get the right tuning setup and are a decent driver, you will be able to take corners better depending on the track. its a new thing for me also as i am still getting to grips with the tuning stuff but its a vital part of a racing league/series though. it doesnt mean you will get left behind. you will still be able to compete. think of tuning as changing and tweaking formations of your football team in fifa 11.

I played around with my 3 Nissans yesterday and annoyingly found that i was a bit faster in the Calsonic on that track.

Did the same the other day on a different track and i found the Z was faster for me.

Need to buy a Lexus to try, but wasnt keen on the Honda's.

i brought a honda myself and so far its OK. i think the calsonic is better though. still tuning my honda to make it feel right.

Sorry but when I copy and paste the table it appears just as text, could someone please add me for 'any day'.
My id is m19skb

Kinetic_Frenzy ||
LeePie ||
y2blade ||
oil_slickz || Monday - Thursday :)
C225 ||
TVR_Fan(maybe) ||
darkwiz66 ||
MadCommuter ||
andyshez || Monday, Thursday or Sunday
MadduckUK ||
Tall_Paul ||
darren1978(maybe) ||
nmcdonald ||
m19skb || any day

Tbh the Nissans (GT-R's) are just easier to drive, meaning less mistakes and more consistant times for me.

The Z less so but probably a bit faster on certain tracks in the right hands.

Im much more likely to mess it up with a Honda! Not tried tuning (suspension etc) my Honda but i think i'll play it safe anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom