• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Supagard Added To New Car Order

Beancounter

I just ordered a new car today and on studying the order form when I got home I noticed they had added Supagard to this for £399. I did not ask for this nor was it ever mentioned to me during the sales pitch.

I only know what it is as the sales guy at another dealer I went to told me about it and offered it free.

I assume I can just ask the cheeky beggars to remove this from the order?

Unless this is actually worth having?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
You can ask or just tell them outright, not a request.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Did you agree a monthly figure or an overall amount. The reason I ask is because they sometimes throw it in to hit certain quotas. My 2nd to last I had agreed a price and monthly payment and a couple of days later they asked if I wanted out for free. The only condition was they listed it at full price and then discounted the car by the same amount do it didn't cost me anything.

My last car I didn't bother, so far my new car which is the saloon version of my last one seems easier to clean.....

un1eash

Distinguished Member
£399 for someone to throw some wax on the car, no thanks. I'd rather spend £300 for a proper detailer to spend a whole day giving the car a new car paint correction and detail.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Even if I was to consider the Supagard product, I wouldn't trust a normal dealer to apply it.
It seems the quality of the application is the key to its success, and it can take hours to do properly.

Beancounter

Did you agree a monthly figure or an overall amount. The reason I ask is because they sometimes throw it in to hit certain quotas. My 2nd to last I had agreed a price and monthly payment and a couple of days later they asked if I wanted out for free. The only condition was they listed it at full price and then discounted the car by the same amount do it didn't cost me anything.

My last car I didn't bother, so far my new car which is the saloon version of my last one seems easier to clean.....

I agreed a monthly payment but this item is listed at the bottom along with delivery, plates etc so it's not something that's been absorbed into the deal.

I am waiting on the salesman to call me back re this. I am quite happy to tell him to cancel the order if they insist this stays as the promised service package doesn't appear to be on the order either.

(yes, serves me right for not going over the order with a fine tooth comb before signing!).

gibbsy

Friends of mine paid for the dealer to apply it on their new Qashqai, £299 it cost them. It was to protect the car from sap from trees bordering their garden. Whether or not it was applied properly but they were back at the dealer when the sap was still sticking to the car. Dealer had it for a whole day to sort it but the car looks dull. Like others I've gone to a good detailer for waxing and it cost nowhere near £299.

I had A Glaze as a freebee on a Volvo V50 but would not waste money on it.

Beancounter

I spoke to the dealer earlier and he said the Supagard on the order was an error, it was meant to be the servicing package he entered so panic over.

Trouble now is that I am feeling I should go for the other car I had a few hours with at the weekend...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom