1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sunwave SRC 300B

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by echo3, Feb 22, 2005.

1. echo3

echo3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. bigfatsi

bigfatsi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one a few weeks ago and it's excellent. I couldn't get any of the codes working for my equipment but it's easy to set it up and program it yourself anyway. Only complaints that I have are that there are no 'colour' buttons for the fastext/sky and things like the volume won't keep going up if you keep your finger on it - you have to push it loads of times which is a pain in the ass! Other than that it's been great to get rid of all the remotes that were strewn across the front room. I'm sure there are better remotes out there but not for £35! Maplin have a 14 day money back policy so if it isn't what you want then you can take it back. simple.

Hope this helps.

Bigfatsi

3. Lancia34

Lancia34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,946
    I just got one of these yesterday and I have to admit, it's very good.
    The buttons are reasonable configurable as to what layout you need but I think it just takes a bit of time to get used to the new layout.

Only problem I have found is that I cannot program my av receiver remote fully as it has a shift type button which doesnt register on the remote, but it recognised my scart switching which is quite impressive.

Overall - worth it even to reduce my remote stack by 2 or 3 remotes.

4. noshoulders

noshoulders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi Bigfatsi,

I've just got one of these remotes (having read fair/good reviews on them). Overall i'm impressed, it's just the getting used to it that will take some time. You say for "channel hopping" you have to press the button multiple times... I found this initally but its not the case. Using the learn function, and are pointing the existing remote at the "learning eye", rather than tapping the button, press and hold it until the "ok" light at the top stays lit permanently. I had to redo this for channel and volume buttons on all devices.

Hope this helps, :)

Shoulders.

ps. i thought mine had a rattle and nearly sent it back, i'm under the impression it's the motion switch that turns the LCD back on when you pick it up. Anyone else experiencing this rattle?

5. SilverJDM

SilverJDM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yep I have this rattle, thing is that mine doesn't light up when you pick it up!! I have to touch the screen for it to light up so it looks like it will have to go back...

Do you use yours to operate Sky+ ? if so did you find a code for Sky+ or did you have to make it 'learn' & how many Sky+ functions have you been able to program into it ?