Sunshine - Sky HD - any idea when pls?

KeanosMagicHat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've recently read some very good reviews on this movie (having not seen it yet) and apparently the Blu-Ray has excellent PQ.

I also read on here that it had been shown on SBO HD back in October.

Anyone know when it will be available again in HD please? I tried checking the TV Guide on here but no dates are showing.

Cheers.

Nothing scheduled for Jan/Feb

But the film is so bad, I can't imagine HD could improve a film that bad.

It's pretty solid fare until it starts getting silly then it's downhill all the way, to be fair it stuck to it's guns longer then The Core did:)

Based on the close-up I just saw on the HD2 channel the PQ looks good, but the black-levels look bad compared to the black bars at the top and bottom of the picture. This seems to be an issue lately with films.

I hope that the actual film version is fine, as I plan to give the film a second chance, sometimes a film is better the second time.

Sunshine appeared on my Anytime overnight. I've saved it to planner before it disappears like War did.

Had a quick look this morning and the PQ looked great. :smashin:

strange on sky prem hd requires 7% anytime 10% does this mean better picture on anytime ?

Sunshine appeared on my Anytime overnight. I've saved it to planner before it disappears like War did.

Had a quick look this morning and the PQ looked great. :smashin:

Just added it to my planner to be safe too. Will probably be watched tonight.

strange on sky prem hd requires 7% anytime 10% does this mean better picture on anytime ?

I've been finding that generally movies look a little better on Anytime - which is unfortunate as;

a) Not all movies make it to Anytime

b) I don't always catch those that do and

c) It still appears a little inconsistent as people don't always seem to get the same selection.

The percentages no longer seem to be an indicator of quality, as Premiere HD has sorted out the issues with low bitrate, and suprisingly 7% can provide 2hours with reasonable quality, I would prefer it to get closer to 10%.

Not as such since the two data streams are encoded differently with the Anytime version using the higher bitrate first gen encoders and Premiere using the lower bitrate second gen.

The only practical test is to watch the same movie via both methods and compare on the same display, the various HD productions methods and options in movie making mean a comparison of different movies on the two channels is meaningless.

... The only practical test is to watch the same movie via both methods and compare on the same display ...

I've been doing that and personally I think there is a slight difference.

As such if there is an option of watching on Anytime, that's what I'll go for.

Anyway back to the movie.

I watched it and overall I think it was one of the best modern SCI-FI movies I've seen in a long time.

I don't like spoilers (please refrain from posting any in this thread - cheers) but I don't think it gives too much away to say that, yes, there was a part of the film that got a little silly - those that have seen it will know what I'm talking about so there's no need to be any more explicit.

Whilst I'd rather that particular story arc had never been included, I don't think it detracted too much from the overall message of the movie.

It was also beautifully shot.

If you're not a fan of SCI-FI though, I'd imagine you'd be less forgiving.

I enjoyed it.

Yes I enjoyed it too. It was one of those sadly all too rare occasions when Mrs Goodoldbakes disappears upstairs to watch her programmes and I get to pull the settee up close to the screen and bang on the surround sound. All in all, it would have to have been a p**s poor film for me not to have enjoyed it! :D

...there was a part of the film that got a little silly - those that have seen it will know what I'm talking about so there's no need to be any more explicit.

Whilst I'd rather that particular story arc had never been included, I don't think it detracted too much from the overall message of the movie...

I felt that the film lost all credibility due to that part of the story.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom