Sunshine - any news on HD release?

J

jackal

As above.

I haven't seen this film yet but I am itching to.

Before I by the DVD, is there any news on a HD release?

Thanks Jim.

I've not seen anything on a US release though and with it being Fox, I guess it will be region coded.

Don't worry the DVD hasn't even been announced in the US yet either.

Don't worry the DVD hasn't even been announced in the US yet.

Yeah, it was only released in the cinema in the US over the summer so I think it will be nearer Christmas for a US DVD/Blu-ray release is available.

SendIt are usually pretty good and hopefully this price for the UK release wll come down to the usual £17 price they have :)

Well just pre-ordered Sunshine on Blu-ray from Asda online for £17.97 delivered (also 28 weeks later same price as well). This is about the cheapest I've seen so far for either film. Would do the normal and pre-order off of Movietyme but since we're talking a Fox film it'll be the usual region locking and won't work in my player.

Play and Amazon are showing this as the 29th Oct now, a week later.

Still no news of the US BD yet.

As above.

I haven't seen this film yet but I am itching to.

Before I by the DVD, is there any news on a HD release?

I wouldn't be in so much of a hurry to watch we I thought it was absolutely appalling:eek: but thats my opinion.

Sure it would look good in hidef though:)

Almost enough to make me want to buy a PS3. Even in upscaled SD it looks stunning. The film itself was so close to being a classic, only let down by the last 30-40 minutes which were a bit disjointed.

I'm looking at getting this on Blu-ray from either Asda or The Hut. However my PS3 is a USA version - what are the chances of the UK release being region locked?

I heard that there was a Japanese release of this in September but I can't track it down anywhere - if I could get hold of one of these this would be ideal.

Can anyone point me to an on-line Japanese retailer who sells to the UK with this title in stock?

I've glanced at amazon.co.jp and yesasia, and neither seem to have this listed, let alone in stock. I did order the UK BD in the hope that it'd work on my US PS3, but I know it won't (****ing Fox!) so I've cancelled that.

Apparently the US BD of 28 Days Later has a specific BD trailer for Sunshine, so there's hope for a Region A release yet...

Mystery solved on the Japanese release - its slipped to the 21st December 07.

http://info.hmv.co.jp/p/t/2579/576.html

So no region A available at the moment - I might be tempted to watch it on Sky Box Office HD later this month (Starts 26/10) and then buy a Region A version sometime next year after its been released and the price has reduced.

Well I have just had confirmation that Sunshine on Blu-ray ordered from Asda online has been shipped so I'll have that in the next couple of days... can't wait! :clap:

link

I think this is the first time I have been really let down by region coding. I have a Jap PS3 and although Gangs of New York and Crow were Region B locked, the lack of positive reviews meant I wasnt too bothered, I would like to think that Fox have given this a good effort as I realy enjoyed the film.

Will keep my eye on a US release or cough up for the Jap one :(

Well I have just had confirmation that Sunshine on Blu-ray ordered from Asda online has been shipped so I'll have that in the next couple of days... can't wait! :clap:

link

I've just been moaning elsewhee that it's £22/£23 at Amazon UK & Sendit.

This is more like it!

Are Asda in-store prices the same, or more expensive?

Steve W

any info on audio tracks/extras?

www.thehut.com is offering 10% off everything for the next 24 hours - bringing the price of the Sunshine Blu-Ray down from £17.83 to a rather reasonable £16.05! Same goes for 28 Weeks later!

Just enter 'Oct10' in the discount box! :thumbsup:

Mine arrived from Sendit this morning :)

1:85:1 1080p
DTS HD Master Audio :thumbsup:

Danny Boyle director commentary
Deleted scenes with optional director commentary
Web production diaries
Commentary with Dr Brian Cox (Uni of Manchester) <- should be good, I've read interviews with him before where he talks about the actual science behind the story

Can't wait to watch it now! :D

Don't suppose you can confirm that the region coding on the box is just Region B only can you?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom