Sunset Overdrive Xbox One AVForums Review

vaktmestern

Banned
Addictive game played it a week now and it's fun careless game play. In one way it reminds me of crackdown with a little infamous Highly recommended.

WESTHAMUTD1

Yeah,i didn't fancy it at first,but soon as you start playing,you can't get off it!really pleased i left ps4 for xbox one!

FlagshipDevice

Nice review. I've not played this yet but I'm definitely going to give it a go before Christmas.

@WESTHAMUTD1 same here, I'm really pleased I left PS4 for XB1 too! Lots more choice in games right now.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Its a great game. Just loads of fun that keeps you grinning the whole time your playing. Takes a while to get used to the controls and movement but once you do the game all comes together.

Dans1210

Im saving this for crimbo, theres soooo many games at mo, still got to finish mordor and evil within, not to mention forza horizon, call of duty and halo collection! This holiday is jam packed.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Is it less annoying than it seems in the trailer?

Obviously not played, but the trailer for me is just a terrible, terrible advert for the game.

Stephen Carter

AVF Games Reviewer
I must admit im enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would after seeing the reviews across the web bashing it.

It's a great big dollop of fun that never takes itself seriously and is a joy to play through and looks brilliant with the bright colour scheme.

To me it is very similar to Dead Rising (bar the grinding and jumping etc) with the hordes and survivors and silly weapons and what not, it is a hell of a lot more fun than DR3 however.

Dans1210

Last edited:

Stephen Carter

AVF Games Reviewer
I must have read the most cynical of review then as id seen 6's/7's which I think are a tad harsh to be honest. Whether or not Id call it a system seller is a different matter but with the white bundle and Halo bundles going for cheap in stores now its a perfect time to buy an Xbox.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I must have read the most cynical of review then as id seen 6's/7's which I think are a tad harsh to be honest. Whether or not Id call it a system seller is a different matter but with the white bundle and Halo bundles going for cheap in stores now its a perfect time to buy an Xbox.
Was it the Videogamer review by someone called Burns ?

Yeah those guys hated the game, these guys also said that the latest COD MP was the best it has been for years and had no issues....

Stephen Carter

AVF Games Reviewer
Yeah it was, I found it slightly hypocritical that they slated the game for swearing unnecessarily yet their podcast has been filled with bad language recently...

Anyhow, the CVG review wasn't the best either but I think they've been too harsh on it personally.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom