Sunrise and others

Biscuit761

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the day off work today, had a good one, got up early and took about 60 pictures of a beutiful sunrise (couple attached), then went to Ipswich to see the Bond film, ate a decent lunch at Nando's (good grub and lots of it !) followed by a succesful Xmas shopping trip, then back to Colchester to play a bowls match, won it on a fluke shot last wood of the game !

Not bad.

Anyway here are a few pics starting with the sunrise

Sunrise-2.jpg

Sunrise-1.jpg

An old post box I know

Post-box.jpg

Night time in Ipswich

Lights.jpg

Town-Hall.jpg

TK-Max.jpg

Now, I have a small problem - dust !!

Its not on the sensor its on the mirror and the underside of the pentaprism, have bought a blower brush from Jessops but all it does is spread it around, any thoughts (1500watt hover standing by)

Bill

Bill, those sunrise shots are simply awesome, especially the first :eek:
As for the dust, just use a rocket blower with the camera facing downwards and give the inside a good blow. If it's just a few specks, they should eventually dissapear. Don't worry too much about them though, it comes with the territory in regards to changing lenses.

Why does the camera see the sky different to us ? I was pleased to see the results but it wasn't that orange in real life.

Settings were a bit of a guess Exif for the first one was

ExposureTime : 1/2500Sec
FNumber : F14.0
ExposureProgram : Manual
MeteringMode : Spot
FocalLength : 300.00(mm)

Any better suggestions ?

Bill

Why does the camera see the sky different to us ? I was pleased to see the results but it wasn't that orange in real life.

I know that under exposing by a stop or two can cause the colours to be more pronounced. I noticed that you were using Manual exposure. Could you have lowered the exposure compensation by any chance?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom