Sunfire Speakers worth it for Atmos set up?

Goatboy1972

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

New man here but serial stereo and home cinema buyer. I have just moved and have been allowed even though its the lounge to go for it if I can keep speaker intrusion to a minimum. I have been offered some Sunfire speakers for what amounts to a lot of money second hand. The full experience could cost over 5k including 7 x CRW-3C, 4x CRW-2C and 1xHRS-IW8 Dual Sub. These will be paired to my 65 inch KD65 9 series and a new receiver that supports 4K. Anyway I digress a little. The speakers were about 15k new so am haggling 4-5k range.
So the above speakers are all slim ones that can go in wall or with the case of my brick walls in a fake piece of wall or a fabricates slim mdf cabinet the 7 3's would be front, sides and rears. First question is that I would need to mount the speakers directly either side of TV 1cm each side dure to windows. The rears would be opposite the fronts the sides again same height then 4 of the smaller ones in the ceiling and the sub somewhere below the front. The room is about 7.5 metres by 5. 8 metres the side channels are the 7.8 metres.
The real question is does anyone have any meaningful feedback on the speakers as i believe the design is 7 or 8 years old even if the speakers are only 3. Also with speakers I am kind of working on the speakers second hand are worth roughly a third of what they were originally and that maybe i can haggle some discount as I am buying them all. Any suggestions of anything else anything major i am not thinking about re putting the speakers in purpose made cabinets?

Any advice opinion greatly received. Also any recomendations for Home Cinema installers in Essex?

Best, Bruce

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom