Question Sunfire HRS-12 Are there threaded inserts on the base?

happychappy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone tell me if there are threaded inserts for spikes/feet on the bottom of the Sunfire HSR range of subwoofers?

If so what size are they?

Thanks

Mine doesn't. Loved this sub (hrs 12) but the amp failed out of warranty and the technology is beyond what most repair shops could fathom and the only alternative offered by Sunfire distributer was a discount on a whole new sub so its sat in the loft.

Thanks for that.

Just picked one up from eBay, ran it for a couple of minutes downstairs without proper set up and I think im going to like this little baby.

There are little rubber feet on mine, wonder if that's standard? There are quite a few extra feet in a padded envelope that was given to me along with the sub.

I am wondering if I should put threaded inserts in the bottom, or stick with the rubber feet?

I could always construct an MDF or granite base using something like superspikes.

Will have to have a think.

Yeah the rubber feet are on mine. Always thought it sits very low on the floor. Having took mine apart I can tell you the MDF is nice and thick so I am sure it would take a thread for a spike if that's what you wanted to do.
For such a tiny box its a complete animal.

Am seriously thinking of the threaded inserts, but a little apprehensive about drilling into such a beautiful cabinet, probably going to go for the granite/MDF idea first as that's not intrusive to the sub.

I agree about the animal sentiments, watched a little bit of a Star Wars film last night and was totally unaware of various sub bass parts that the HRS-12 was revealing!

Set up time tonight! M&Ks onto the wall, pop HRS-12 into existing sub corner reserved once upon a time for the Monitor Audio woofter and then a quick run through with Audessey (?) before a final tinker with the graphic etc.

Quite looking forward to getting back into HT again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom