• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sunday Sunset, Monday Sunrise

Biscuit761

Popped out last night as the conditions looked good for a sunset, however just as it was turning red a massive grey cloud blocked out the sun, got the first batch though and am quite pleased with the mood of them. Taken about 3.40 pm across the River Stour in Sudbury

Stour-Sunset-1.jpg

2 (An HDR version of 3)

Stour-Sunset-HDR.jpg

Stour-Sunset-2.jpg

Stour-Sunset-3.jpg

5 A lonely swan in the darkness

Stour-Swan.jpg

This morning drove off at normal time (i.e. late that is !) but just could not go by without capturing these.

Monday-Sunrise-1.jpg

Monday-Sunrise-2.jpg

Monday-Sunrise-3.jpg

All Nikon D50 (D300 not arrived yet (probably because I have still to order it !)) and Sigma 17 - 70, all on manual settings.

Hope you like them.

Bill

dazza74

Distinguished Member
The sky's in your first picture have reminded me of some I took one night back in August. Worked out really well the HDR conversion of the 1st, made it nice and vibrant and brought out a lot of detail in the foreground and the trees and path etc.

Biscuit761

Just realised that 2 is an HDR version of 3, not 1 !

By the way, can anyone tell me how to get images linked from my Flickr site, currentley I have to upload to Photobucket then cpy to here, and upload seperately to Flickr, must be a quicker way.

Bill

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom