Sumvision Cyclone X2 problem

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by jcjefferies, Feb 7, 2014.

1. jcjefferies

jcjefferies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Can someone who has one of these please tell me how much Storage their device has. Mine recently crashed and had zero internal storage but a factory reset seemed to get it working. However the devices is supposed to have "4GB of Flash Storage" but under settings mine shows "Internal Storage" is 1.36GB and "Internal SD Card 1.02GB. I don't know if this is normal and perhaps the rest of the Flash Storage is used for Android. The User Manual screen shot of Storage shows Internal Storage as 3.66GB.

Chris

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,128
    3.66GB of 4GB is likely the normal. The apps section in Android would show you wants being used and if it's 1.36GB with only a handful installed then thats not a good sign.

Sounds like some of the flash storage has been corrupted on the unit or its defective. It is possible to reformat that but it's beyond my skill level, you could try the atv1200 thread on XBMC forums or XDA developers forum.

3. jcjefferies

jcjefferies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What I am after is the exact "Internal Storage" value on a known good Sumvision Cyclone X2. An ATV1200 may be the same hardware but may be configured differently by the firmware.

Chris

4. jerryq7777

jerryq7777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +677
  5. jcjefferies

jcjefferies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes I know that but what are the values against "Internal Storage" and "Internal SD Card"