Sumvision cyclone MKV V2 enclosure problem

phrozenballs

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all im having some trouble with my unit and was wondering if somone could help please

every so often the screen goes black when using the enclosure its happening when .mkv files are playing but i have also noticed it happen in the menus when i am navigating around there is no loss of sound only picture . it is connected via component and optical for sound .

i have read the other threads but cannot find any info relating to this problem i have and im woundering if i have a faulty unit

any help would be appreciated

Hi

Silly question but is EU4 for the MKV V1 or the MKV V2? The website doesn't say which one it is for.

Well mine is the MKV v2 (but not to be mistaken for the very latest version which will be the MKV2 ... not sure if this version is on sale just yet), anyway, for my MKV v2, i installed the EU4, and the device has never worked so well, connects and runs faster than any of the previous upgrades. Can't say for sure whether this version would be right for the original v1, but there's no warning to say don't.

Well mine is the MKV v2 (but not to be mistaken for the very latest version which will be the MKV2 ... not sure if this version is on sale just yet), anyway, for my MKV v2, i installed the EU4, and the device has never worked so well, connects and runs faster than any of the previous upgrades. Can't say for sure whether this version would be right for the original v1, but there's no warning to say don't.

Uh?

MKV v2, MKV2? I'm even more confused now.

If I have this exact player, Sumvision Cyclone MKV Enclosure V2 HD Media Player +: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo, what firmware should I put on it and where can I download it.

I really don't want to destroy my player.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Uh?

MKV v2, MKV2? I'm even more confused now.

If I have this exact player, Sumvision Cyclone MKV Enclosure V2 HD Media Player +: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo, what firmware should I put on it and where can I download it.

I really don't want to destroy my player.

Ah, ok, so you have the hard drive enclosure, so go ahead with the latest EU4 update, download the update from Sumvisions web site: SUMVISION - We Sell PC Hardware, Software, Digital Media, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players, Components, Networking Equipment and more..., using your zip/rar extraction software extract the ~25MB file to a USB flash drive in the root folder (ie not in a named folder of any sort), ensure that its the only software on the USB drive and it'll extract to about 120MB.
Plug the USB stick into your Cyclone with the power off, now turn the power on and after a few seconds the Cyclone will initiate the upgrade, follow the on-screen instructions, basically to ensure the power remains on, then when done it will restart your MKV with the latest update, new features and a notably new menu scheme. You'll just need to quickly re-add your wireless network name if you use this feature. But otherwise, a much faster, smoother and feature rich upgrade.
Oh, an don't forget to remove your USB drive when done too

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom