• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sumvision Cyclone media player - not playing some files

Bardockgurl

Standard Member
Hi.

I bought a Sumvision Cyclone with a 500 GB harddrive pre-installed.
I loaded a 27GB file full of avi anime episodes, some play perfectly, some play for five seconds, and then skip the episode; some have visual, but no sound; others have sound but no visual, and skip after a few seconds.
The player is formatted for NTFS, and when I check the files on my computer, they are all avi's and *should* be playable on the Cyclone.

I am completely at a loss as to why - could it be different codecs?
Any help would be very gratefully received.

MarkTaylor

AVI can cover a lot of different options, you might want to look closer at the files and see which sound formats and resolutions you are using then see which ones are not working and compare to the ones that are.

Bardockgurl

Standard Member
Thank you so much for the help!
I checked the files that wouldn't play, against the ones that would in 'Properties' and they all seemed the same.
I converted two of the episodes to DivX, and so far so good - they both played perfectly!
Thanks again!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom