Summer Transfer Window Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Apparently RVP only cost 15million up front. The rest depends on trophies and appearances? That's a bargain if true!
You need to look beyond the initial transfer fee before declaring a bargain..£200k+ a week over 4 years? Bargain. ;)

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
FZR, it's not a matter of "deciding when to create a new thread". The AVF policy is that threads over 1000 should be closed and a new one created. Doesn't need to be a Mod. The MMA discussion thread just hit part 15 and I'd say only 2 or 3 were started by Mods.

Soundburst

In Memoriam
@FZR

So man united didnt try to sign him this season? :D

We looked at levy's price last season and quite rightly told him where to go.

This season we didn't even bother and you had to sell for ten million less than last year!

As I said. Karma :)

jenam93

Go look at all the stories on Modric to Real in the last hour or so....no 2 agree on the size of the fee and there are massive differences.

Let's see the actual fee before making assumptions.

As a Spurs fan myself, happy to see him go abroad, even if that does mean a bit less money.

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Despite my concerns about United's midfield and hope that they grab someone else, we've done some decent business so far.

Kagawa, RVP, Henriquez and Powell for a combined total of approximately £40M.

Still need more steel in midfield though.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Despite my concerns about United's midfield and hope that they grab someone else, we've done some decent business so far.

Kagawa, RVP, Henriquez and Powell for a combined total of approximately £40M.

Still need more steel in midfield though.
How did you get to £40m DrPhil?

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
How did you get to £40m DrPhil?
Well most of the deals will have add ons, but;

Kagawa - £12M (rising to £17M)
RVP - £22M (reports are varying from 20-24 so I'm taking an average)
Powell - £3M (rising to £6)
Henriquez - £4M

That's £41M up front give or take. I did say approximately £40M. :)

I don't worry about the "rising to" figures. If they meet the conditions for the increase then they must have been worth it!

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Soundburst said:
@FZR

So man united didnt try to sign him this season? :D

We looked at levy's price last season and quite rightly told him where to go.

This season we didn't even bother and you had to sell for ten million less than last year!

As I said. Karma :)
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much :)

After all, if you're happy you didn't get him and Spurs fans are happy you didn't get him, why you still going on about it?
It really smacks of sour grapes.

Last edited:

dr no

FZR400RRSP said:
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much :)

It really smacks of sour grapes.
TBH with all your recent snappy/irritated posts towards everyone else, labelling them childish or uninformed, while at the same time trying to convince us of your elation with being forced to sell your best player at a cut down price, your comments above appear more suitable to you. :)

Andy

As a Spurs fan myself, happy to see him go abroad, even if that does mean a bit less money.
+1

From what I gather we've been given a couple of days to sort his replacement which is supposedly still Moutinho.

I think that we will need him in by Friday lunchtime if he's to be registered in time to play on Saturday.

Now we just need to sort out a striker or two :rolleyes:

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
dr no said:
TBH with all your recent snappy/irritated posts towards everyone else, labelling them childish or uninformed, while at the same time trying to convince us of your elation with being forced to sell your best player at a cut down price, your comments above appear more suitable to you. :)
+1

Soundburst's title is in jeopardy.

Soundburst

In Memoriam
DrPhil said:
+1

Soundburst's title is in jeopardy.
Agreed. I need to step it up.

Why am I not allowed to take glee in spurs missing out on 10million extra - as revenge for Levy over charging us for Berbs. It's cause and effects. Evens up the universe. :)

Andy

Why am I not allowed to take glee in spurs missing out on 10million extra - as revenge for Levy over charging us for Berbs. It's cause and effects. Evens up the universe. :)
I don't think anyone knows what we've missed out on for sure to be fair, one source is saying £24m another is saying £30m +.

I don't believe we actually had a straight £40m cash offer from Chelsea or anyone last season I think it was £30m plus a player.

As for the Berbatov situation, from what I gather you decided to jump into the middle of a deal we were going to do with Man City and flew Berbatov in for talks, I don't think you can blame Levy for that.

liamt

DrWise

Banned
Bring on the football now

SparkShot

Sky News are saying spurs will get £30 million upfront plus another potential 8 million to come later.

Very good deal if true.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Defo agree. We bedded in Chico two seasons ago and since then it's been more about Welbeck. Then Cleverly, Powell, Fabio and Rafael, Jones, Evans, Anderson, Smalling. All quite young
Aren't you missing the point though?

Everything Ferguson says there is contradicted by the van Persie deal; taken from the article:

Ferguson said that he was not going to be forced into a change of transfer policy because of losing out to their city rivals and would stick to investing in young talent while Abu Dhabi-owned City spent huge amounts on established players.

"We know City are going to spend fortunes, pay stupid money and silly salaries. We know that happens. We can't do anything about that," the 70-year-old told MUTV at the United player of the year dinner.

"We are not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods."

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Sky News are saying spurs will get £30 million upfront plus another potential 8 million to come later.

Very good deal if true.
Not if it's in Euros....something that the media commonly forget to state (often very lazily putting a £ sign in front of the figure to make it seem more expensive).

thfccambs

Banned
sdb123 said:
Not if it's in Euros....something that the media commonly forget to state (often very lazily putting a £ sign in front of the figure to make it seem more expensive).
Think it was very bad SSN reporting he was sold for 23m£ yesterday, something that anyone with anything about then knew wasn't true. Oh dear I won't say I did say. Lol.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Think it was very bad SSN reporting he was sold for 23m£ yesterday, something that anyone with anything about then knew wasn't true. Oh dear I won't say I did say. Lol.
Bad reporting all round Jeff (based on speculation)....figures ranging from 23m to 35m (depending on currency). :laugh:

thfccambs

Banned
sdb123 said:
Bad reporting all round Jeff (based on speculation)....figures ranging from 23m to 35m (depending on currency). :laugh:
Agree mate just glad it's now done,.

Need 3 players at least now. Roll on Saturday.

djdhrubs

Banned
Aren't you missing the point though?

Everything Ferguson says there is contradicted by the van Persie deal; taken from the article:

Ferguson said that he was not going to be forced into a change of transfer policy because of losing out to their city rivals and would stick to investing in young talent while Abu Dhabi-owned City spent huge amounts on established players.

"We know City are going to spend fortunes, pay stupid money and silly salaries. We know that happens. We can't do anything about that," the 70-year-old told MUTV at the United player of the year dinner.

"We are not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods."
Couple of points. For what it's worth, I agree, I think paying for a 29 year old is a risk, and in fairness goes against what United have been doing in recent years, Berbatov aside. Basically, 90% + of Fergie's signings in recent years have been under 23, so I don't think these one or two cases mean a wholesale change in policy.

Secondly, when you look at the playing careers of Scholes and Giggs, maybe he thinks of RVP as a young player?! ;)

RVP isn't a player who relies on pace or physical strength, as he's a touch player with skill and a very accurate left foot, so I can see him playing a big role for the full 4 years of his contract.

Thirdly, I don't think City were ever in this race, as RVP seems to have made a point of declaring his interest in joining United. At Least, that's what was being reported. When that happens, United are in with a real chance of signing their targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio adds new standmounts to F1 speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mark Levinson expands 5000 Series with amplifiers and players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton