Summer of Arcade

_mike_

Prominent Member
Reaction score
found this info about Summer of Arcade @ 123kinect checking out the 2nd Kinect XBLA Game Fruit Ninja

hope we will see a lot more xbla games, but leedme and fruit ninja are the perfect games for superb start of kinect arcade :smashin:
Summer of Arcade

Starting July 20, enjoy five consecutive weeks of the season's most highly anticipated downloadable games, including:

• “Toy Soldiers: Cold War” (Signal Studios/Microsoft Studios)
  • “Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet” (Fuelcell/Microsoft Studios)
  • “Fruit Ninja Kinect” (Halfbrick/Microsoft Studios)
  • “Bastion” (Supergiant Games/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
  • “From Dust” (Ubisoft Montpellier/Ubisoft)

Source: http://majornelson.com/2011/06/06/summer-of-arcade-kicks-off-july-20th/

Kinect Arcade Titles:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/kinect-games/1468519-fruit-ninja-kinect-you-ninja.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/kinect-games/1468235-leedmees.html

Last edited:
I watched the trailers for these and none of them look at all interesting. But hopefully ill get more excited when we get some more information about them.

i love them all! better than last years SoA .. if they all get a fair price tag with "cashbacK" when purchasing them all .. its a definite buy :clap:

i love them all! better than last years SoA .. if they all get a fair price tag with "cashbacK" when purchasing them all .. its a definite buy :clap:

Last years SoA was awesome! Lara Croft, Hydro Thunder, Limbo, Monday Night Combat (admittedly castlevania wasnt great). I really cant see how any of these new games are ever gonna measure up to last years offering, but time will tell.
I definitely think they will have some sort of "cashback" offer again, i know lots of people who ended up buying all of them even thought they werent going to last year.
P.S. Are you really excited about the fruit ninja thing? Each to their own i guess.

didn't buy any of the titles from last years SoA .. seems taste is different and this time M$ nailed it, for me :cool:

It looks........different.
Im just thinking it could get quite boring.
The only thing thats giving me hope is that Microsoft wouldnt choose these games for summer of arcade unless there was something at least a little bit special about them. Im just not impressed by whats been shown so far.
I dont know why they didnt have games like Ms Splosion Man and Trials Evolved in summer of arcade, and while im on the subject......wheres Shadow Complex 2? It was rumoured to be getting an E3 reveal, but there was nothing!

Summer of Arcade kicks off July 20th, and today we are sharing dates and prices

Date Title Price (MS Points)

July 20 Bastion 1200

July 27 From Dust 1200

August 3 Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet 1200

August 10 Fruit Ninja Kinect 800

August 17 Toy Soldiers: Cold War 1200

PLUS: When you buy all five Summer of Arcade titles, you’ll receive a free copy of Crimson Alliance – valued at 1200 Microsoft Points! Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade September 7, this fast-action RPG game from industry-leading Certain Affinity lets you play with up to three friends and battle the sinister Cult of the Soul Siren. You’ll receive three characters, each with a host of special abilities from the Assassin’s time-bending attacks, to the Wizards elemental mastery or the Mercenary’s sweeping whirlwind strikes.

Price Tags are way to high .. no refund for multiple purchases, just another overprice xbla :suicide:

Last edited:
Price Tags are way to high .. no refund for multiple purchases, just another overprice xbla :suicide:

I think 1200 is the price we've come to expect from Summer of Arcade, but agree it's a pretty poor promo, no rewards unless you buy them all(what happened to the part reward for buying 3/5!), and how many people are going to want all of that lot:rolleyes:

Either way don't like the looks of Crimson Alliance so will probably just slap my 1200 down on From Dust(which I think looks a game more than worthy of that price tag) and wait for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and possibly Toy Soldiers: Cold War t arrive as Deal of the Week.

Aye that seems a bit arse-over-elbow that you have to buy a Kinect game to get the 'deal'! Not that I would buy all of the above, like Lee I reckon I'll just go for From Dust but even with that I might hold off slightly and wait for the inevitable price-drop so I ultimately get more for my money... Could get another 5 indie games with a 400 point saving :D

I was planning on getting all the games baring Fruit Ninja Kinect and I also wanted to get Crimson Alliance so I think I might just pick up all Summer of Arcade games just so I can save 400 points on Crimson Alliance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom