Summer Of Arcade 2010

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sup,

Here's ya info on Summer of Arcade 2010:

Summer of Arcade. Summer of Arcade is a program that has delivered some of the most beloved Xbox LIVE Arcade games of all time, including “Braid” (Microsoft), “Castle Crashers” (Microsoft), “Shadow Complex” (Microsoft), and “Trials HD” (Microsoft). This year, enjoy another stellar line-up: “Castlevania Harmony of Despair” (Konami Digital Entertainment), “Hydro Thunder Hurricane” (Microsoft), “Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light” (Square Enix), “Limbo” (Microsoft) and “Monday Night Combat” (Microsoft).

The third annual Summer of Arcade will kick-off in July, and will continue to bring you the best downloadable titles in the industry. This comes hot off the heels of Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party, which resulted in a record breaking March – the highest number of downloads for the month of March to date in Arcade history.

Yes, I copy pasted.. Original from Shard 'Neogaf' :thumbsup:

Edit*

All SOA games to cost 1200 points:

Limbo - July 21

Hydro Thunder Hurricane - July 28

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - August 4

Monday Night Combat - August 11

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light - August 18

If you buy 5 games you get 1200 points back. 3 will get you 400 points.

I'll be trying them all, but doubt I'll be getting 3 of them let alone all 5. :(

Last edited:
I really need to stop being such a cynical, tight-fisted, son of a bitch lol :rotfl:

Oooo can't wait to get these on offer a few months after release! :clap:

:DSimply by being "Summer of Arcade" titles you just know they'll all carry the premium 1200 points tag.

Will probably wait for Hydro Thunder and Limbo to appear as "deal of the week 800 points", I'm off paying for 1200 pointers now:rolleyes:

Not yet, would have it it hadn't been for Mario Galaxy 2 stealing me away from the Xbox:eek:

Not to worry, probably best waiting on the price drop for that too anyways lol, I really need to get on the xbox soon, switched it on tonight to show willing but it's just sat there using electricity lol :suicide:

Roll on the weekend... In fact, roll on retirement...

I don't know what Monday Night Combat is, but I want all the others. Could be costly!

:DSimply by being "Summer of Arcade" titles you just know they'll all carry the premium 1200 points tag.

Original Post updated (well, give me min ;))

All priced at 1200 :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Think I'm going to wait from now on, probably only a matter of a month or two before they start becoming "deal of the weeks"(code for "now at sensible prices").

[EDIT]Just noticed the rebate details added. The chances of many people wanting all five are pretty unlikely, those that do will probably be purchasing at least one or two that they don't really want and likely won't play, just the temptation of the 1200 points back(think we've all made that type of mistake before).

I would actually like three of the five(Limbo, Hydro Thunder and Lara Croft), but doubt 400 points back will be enough to tempt me when each will likely be 800 or even 560 points over the coming weeks, will see how much all three combined tempt me.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Think I'm going to wait from now on, probably only a matter of a month or two before they start becoming "deal of the weeks"(code for "now at sensible prices").

I know what you mean. I've not bought a 1200 point game for ages (can't remember when) but I certainly don't mind the diff between 800-1200 if the game is worth it :thumbsup:

This years Summer of Arcade promotion isn't too bad but I think I preferred the bundles from the last 2 years.

I think I'll pick up Limbo, Hydro Thunder Hurricane and Castlevania: Harmony of Despair but I'm not sure about the other 2.

Thought I'd mention this bargain here for the XBLA fans...

Argos have the Live Points cards at the moment at £14.99 for the 2100 cards and £28.99 for the 4200 cards.

Shamelessly stolen from HUKD(credit to TaylorUK and Empwan), but such a good deal thought it was well worth a mention over here.

Argos, can reserve and collect.....

Buy Xbox 360 2100 Live Points. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Buy Xbox 360 4200 Live Points. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Cracking prices, the 2100 cards work out at around 72p per 100 points(£8.64 for a 1200 point game), the 4200 point cards at around 69p per 100 points(£8.28 for a 1200 point game).

Good timing with the Summer of Arcade about to start, I'll probably now get Limbo, Hydro Thunder and Lara Croft, with the 400 point rebate it'll work out a shade over £22.00 for the three(buying the 4200 point card), not bad for what look like fantastic games!

Finished limbo and after tetlee going on about summer of arcade last night non stop from about 10 pm to 3am I thought I'd better have a look and downloaded a couple of vids from live looks good as do a few others had my eye on sonic 4 for a while so that's getting bought but it's not in the summer of arcade I have 6250 points to blow so I'll be keeping a look out

Finished limbo and after tetlee going on about summer of arcade last night non stop from about 10 pm to 3am I thought I'd better have a look SNIP!
:rotfl:

I loved Limbo but I'm not sure about the rest of them, and they're all 1200MSP. Tomb Raider looks alright but I'll have to try it as the video I saw seemed to have turned it into an isometric shooter..? Lara shooting laser beams...

Its not in the Summer Arcade thing but Plants vs Zombies is a superb tower defence game that I've played to death on PC and its coming to XBLA in Sept with co-op and versus modes, so thats getting bought.

Why??? think i already have it

For fun mate :D if you've got Av Golf we'll need to get a wee round or two on the go sometime, think Lee's generally up for it too and from the looks of the Av Golf thread there's quite a few others up for games too :smashin:

We might even manage an 8 AVF players game

This year's Summer of Arcade doesn't seem to have been that strong at the moment - with the exception of Limbo! Monday Night Combat looks interesting from the video clips, but I'm never sure about 3rd person multiplayer game - they don't seem to work for me! Lara Croft could be quite good fun, but I'll await the reviews.

I'm not 100% sure on previous Summer Arcade releases, but weren't they stronger in the past?

This year's Summer of Arcade doesn't seem to have been that strong at the moment - with the exception of Limbo! Monday Night Combat looks interesting from the video clips, but I'm never sure about 3rd person multiplayer game - they don't seem to work for me! Lara Croft could be quite good fun, but I'll await the reviews.

I'm not 100% sure on previous Summer Arcade releases, but weren't they stronger in the past?

It has been disappointing so far for me, couple of good games but nothing that's made me wish to purchase so far(Limbo I liked, but not quite enough for 1200 points, same with Hydro Thunder), think my hopes are on Lara Croft now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the games that follow Summer of Arcade turn out better than those included, Comic Jumper can't be far away which will hopefully show us once again true value for money(assuming Twised Pixel continue their 800 price streak:)), and there are plenty other great looking games due for release.

Think last year had Trials HD, Splosion Man and Shadow Complex for starters, can't remember exactly what the others were now.

Think last year had Trials HD, Splosion Man and Shadow Complex for starters, can't remember exactly what the others were now.

I think the others might have been Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.

I picked up Limbo and Hydro Thunder but I am not sure about picking up any others, think I'll have to play the demos to see how they turn out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom