Summer Game Fest [May-August 2020]

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer Game Fest will run from May to August, and has buy-in from a long list of developers and publishers, including 2K, Activision, Bandai Namco, Bethesda, Blizzard Entertainment, Bungie, CD Projekt Red, Digital Extremes, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Private Division, Riot Games, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Square Enix, Valve, and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Those companies will host digital events of their own under the Summer Game Fest brand, and will be broadcast on Facebook, Mixer, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube, and publishers’ own channels.

1588356153862.png

First batch of events added to calendar:

May.JPG
June.JPG
July.JPG
Aug.JPG

Well that seems a bit of a let down. Thought it was going to be a bit more constant than the odd bit a month.

I think there's more to come.

Agree though, disappointing if not.

This is not all that is coming on those months It will be updated as and when more publishers/devs announce when they want to do their streams and they can be slotted in, this isn't something that has been months in the planning it's a last-minute thing Jeff Keighley wanted to do as there was no E3 or Gamescon and everyone got on board with it.

So they're just aggregating all the streams that devs are putting out there anyway then.

I honestly thought it was like some exclusive event where they got developers on board to show off their games exclusively on days during this event and only to this event. Like a game rewards (without the rewards obviously) and spread over a few month.

So they're just aggregating all the streams that devs are putting out there anyway then.
There will probably be some developers who hadn’t been planning on doing a stream of anything previously, but are now doing one as a part of this.

There will probably be some developers who hadn’t been planning on doing a stream of anything previously, but are now doing one as a part of this.
Big ones that everyone is really looking forward to seeing though? They'd surely be doing their own. And if you take away the stuff above where we know it would be a proper released stream that doesn't leave much exclusively for Geoff and the gang to churn out.

May 12th Sunrise 1 by the looks of it.

Big ones that everyone is really looking forward to seeing though? They'd surely be doing their own. And if you take away the stuff above where we know it would be a proper released stream that doesn't leave much exclusively for Geoff and the gang to churn out.

May 12th Sunrise 1 by the looks of it.
If big ones are already doing one, then they’re still doing it on here. How can they show more exclusive stuff than what they’d already planned to show?

eg say if Nintendo was joining this (they prob won’t - because Nintendo) & showed BotW2 or the rumoured Mario collection. Would we be glass half empty & be disappointed it’s just what Nintendo probably would’ve shown in a Nintendo direct anyway, or glass half full - whoa we get to see BotW2 & Mario collection?:)

If big ones are already doing one, then they’re still doing it on here. How can they show more exclusive stuff than what they’d already planned to show?

eg say if Nintendo was joining this (they prob won’t - because Nintendo) & showed BotW2 or the rumoured Mario collection. Would we be glass half empty & be disappointed it’s just what Nintendo probably would’ve shown in a Nintendo direct anyway, or glass half full - whoa we get to see BotW2 & Mario collection?:)

As an example, like how Assassins Creeds is premiering its new game on Xbox Insider tomorrow. Thats the first gameplay anyone will see of that game. I was hoping this was going to be full of things like that. They can do that exclusive reveal on Summer Gamesfest and then still have their own thing later.

Thats what I kind of thought this whole thing was rather than them just being another place to watch a stream. Similar to E3 when all the games places host the streams and do their own pre and post stream shows kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong I'm not that bothered about it being what it is, I'll be tuned into the streams as ever (prob not these hosting it though). I simply thought it was more than it was.

Not announced via Summergamesfest, but didn't seem worth a new thread ...

hopefully it still involves Aisha Tyler :smashin:

Strong rumours Mafia 4 will be announced today. Imagine...if we saw some gameplay! 🤯

Strong rumours Mafia 4 will be announced today. Imagine...if we saw some gameplay! 🤯
*This gameplay is from PC with target spec of next gen consoles in min*

*Proceeds to load a cutscene trailer*

That is amazing! Day one buy for me

Carry on, nothing to see next gen......

Tony Hawks 1+2 remastered for PS4/X1/PC

Very welcome news. The first few games were excellent, unfortunately the franchise became very tired. I’m happier for a remaster of those games than I would be for a new one.

Very welcome news. The first few games were excellent, unfortunately the franchise became very tired. I’m happier for a remaster of those games than I would be for a new one.
I'd be interested if they were coming to next gen. I'll not bother with it on current gen and plus its Sept so will be busy with a new Destiny expansion or Cyberpunk :)

True, but at least it’s coming to nextgen via BC. Will probably pick it up when it’s in a sale as a game to dip in and out of.

That was a decent little stream that imo. Short but sweet, reveal the game, show some gameplay, bit of chit-chat with the devs (and Tony in this case) and then done. No fluff or time wasting. Simple.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom