Transfers and Rumours thread

Standing still with a squad is the worst thing you can do.

For 2 seasons in a row, for sure.

Last season we didn't sign anyone noteworthy and it worked, but I think time is right now to push on and add some quality depth/competition.

Not sure our injury record to key players will carry on like it has, though it might!

Some saying Dele going to rm for loan and bale to spurs with RM paying full wages
I would not sacrifice and sell Dele. His brother maybe.

It's comparable for any club. It's generally pretty well accepted that you have to keep investing in the squad to stay competitive.

I'm really surprised Liverpool didn't go for Werner. He would have been perfect for them.

I really don't get any they don't have funds for transfers.

Standing still with a squad is the worst thing you can do.

We're not standing still. We've signed another full back and some of the kids will be playing bigger roles this season I expect.

We don't need to spend. I actually agree with Blood for once!

Far too many people are worried about Liverpool's lack of spending. It's nice though everyone cares :D

It's comparable for any club. It's generally pretty well accepted that you have to keep investing in the squad to stay competitive.

I'm really surprised Liverpool didn't go for Werner. He would have been perfect for them.

I really don't get any they don't have funds for transfers.

That Swiss Ramble article that’s been posted a couple of times explains the situation.

I trust the manager and players to get on with it, should there be no additions.

I think the main difference between other clubs that didn't continue doing well for more than a couple of seasons is we have kept everyone.

City lost Kompany which was a massive loss.

I think we need a CB to replace Lovren and a striker for when Firmino isn't cutting it..

Origi isn't good enough and even though Klopp believes Minamino to be good enough to come in for Firmino I'm not so sure.

That Swiss Ramble article that’s been posted a couple of times explains the situation.

I trust the manager and players to get on with it, should there be no additions.

I tell you what, if we win the league or CL again this season, I've got a lot of lovely bookmarks regarding our "standing still" :laugh:

I think the main difference between other clubs that didn't continue doing well for more than a couple of seasons is we have kept everyone.

City lost Kompany which was a massive loss.

I think we need a CB to replace Lovren and a striker for when Firmino isn't cutting it..

Origi isn't good enough but Klopp believes Minamino is good enough to come in for Firmino and I'm happy with that.

FTFY.

Apparently Brewster is being sold to Sheffield Utd.

I’ve seen this with City. We won the league in 2012, United bought Van Persie, we bought Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair. Oh and Maicon.

We won it again in 2014 under Pellegrini, didn’t strengthen and it was then four years before we were back in a position to compete.

2019 we won it and didn’t replace Kompany, had no left back (we had covered that position time and time again due to injury) and finally Liverpool caught up and passed us.

The time to strengthen is when you’re at the top. Fergie did it brilliantly for years.

To be honest Minnie is used to winning two titles in a season now, so he definitely won't accept any less than one.

I'm confident Klopp won't let him down.

We're not standing still. We've signed another full back and some of the kids will be playing bigger roles this season I expect.

We don't need to spend. I actually agree with Blood for once!

Far too many people are worried about Liverpool's lack of spending. It's nice though everyone cares :D

200.gif

City lost Kompany and then Laporte .... not to mention Sane.

The question I would ask is if Liverpool lost, say Van Dijk and Mane for the season, would the squad be able to cope?

City lost Kompany and then Laporte .... not to mention Sane.

The question I would ask is if Liverpool lost, say Van Dijk and Mane for the season, would the squad be able to cope?

Hopefully we wouldn’t cope with it as poorly as City did

I can't tell if you're mocking me for agreeing with Blood or not ;)

I'm just thinking you're in a similar boat to us a few years back, brilliant first 11 but at risk of that going to bits should you suffer a few injuries.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom