Transfers and Rumours thread

When you really don't feel welcome here

Stay safe everyone

Enjoy the football and be kind to each other

What you on about? You're as welcome as anyone else; I'm sure John was just highlighting sites like that one tend not to have their finger on the transfer pulse.

Less articulate way to put it, but those sites know fudge all.

Less articulate way to put it, but those sites know fudge all.
One of best stories I read on a crap site yesterday was how Liverpool are getting Koulibably who Napoli value at €100m for €60m plus Origi 🤣

Whoever gets Koulibably between City and Liverpool will win the league next year in my opinion. He will pair brilliantly with either Laporte or VVD and create probably the best defence in England if not Europe for either team. Hes a bit old for City I think as they want younger players who will give them a lot of seasons, but, they may just go for him although they dont like dealing with Napoli.

You think? I think City have problems at full back as well personally

I also don't see Liverpool spending that kind of money on him but ya never know

If they've 'walked away' from Werner for £50m then you'd think this transfer would be out of the question.

Whoever gets Koulibably between City and Liverpool will win the league next year in my opinion. He will pair brilliantly with either Laporte or VVD and create probably the best defence in England if not Europe for either team. Hes a bit old for City I think as they want younger players who will give them a lot of seasons, but, they may just go for him although they dont like dealing with Napoli.

Matip and Gomez pair brilliantly with Van Dijk. Liverpool don’t ‘need’ him necessarily, plus it would mean Matip would be 4th choice which is a bit harsh IMO.

On the face of it City need maybe two centre backs.

More money on full backs?

We need to spend to strengthen just like every other club.

The midfield and forward line doesn’t need much tinkering but without Laporte we were found wanting.

and left back is a real problem - Mendy not up to it and always injured, Zinchenko? Angelino ???

I said last September that City should go in for Koulibaly this summer. He'd do a job for a few years and good CB's are a very rare find these days.

I said last September that City should go in for Koulibaly this summer. He'd do a job for a few years and good CB's are a very rare find these days.
I remember that but I think he's too old. Like you say and we found to our cost, centre backs are hard to find.

He would be a great addition to any team, and even if a club only gets 4 years out of him and they win a few trophies it will be money well spent imo.

I think Kouili is a left-footed player. We have already VVD on the left, so unlikely to be coming to Liverpool.

I think Kouili is a left-footed player. We have already VVD on the left, so unlikely to be coming to Liverpool.
VVD is right footed so could play RCB although I'm not sure how often he has played on the right side tbh.

This might be why Liverpool aren't stumping up the cash and why they didn't spend anything last summer...

I think it's more to do with the club thinking we didn't need anyone last summer.

Alot of the money 'owed' for Coutinho is addons that won't be met now he's leaving Barcelona.

There was plenty of income from coming 2nd and winning the Champions League, also hasn't the club increased in value from the 300m they paid to 2.2 billion(?) since Fenway purchased it?

Last edited:
I don't know to be honest. I just thought it was interesting. I was surprised at how little Barca had actually paid you

I don't know to be honest. I just thought it was interesting. I was surprised at how little Barca had actually paid you
Yeh I was surprised when the story surfaced a few months back, clearly the club thought Coutinho would do better than he has at Barcelona and felt the addons were achievable.

It will be interesting to see what does happen with transfer fees going forward as they were getting way out of control with 50m being the norm and players being valued over 100m based on potential (Sancho to name one).

I don't know if they can introduce transfer fee caps, I think they have already introduced a cap on Agents fees but again I could be wrong but think I remember reading something last year about them capping agent fees.

The whole lot needs capping really. Wages, transfers, agents. Obviously won't happen tho.

I can see United signing two players. Strongest links seem to be with Sancho and Grealish. I'd be happy with that personally. I expect Sancho to be an outlier in terms of fees this summer tho, with 99% of transfer fees to be more "reasonable"

Both would be good additions to the United squad although would Grealish fit into the midfield with Pogba, Fred and Fernandes. Is he good enough to be a starter at United?

I like Sancho but haven't seen anything to warrant a fee of over 100m for him.

Grealish is good but personally I'd prefer Maddison at my club out of the two (I've seen Maddison linked to United as well) .

Maddison would probably cost twice as much though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom