Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
I just think it’s a lame point that because the PL is awash with money that they should have helped.

City gave up approx £350,000 in rent payments on the Carrington training complex and they didn’t look after it properly. It’s sad that this has happened but as a wise old man said to me once “you don’t solve money problems with money”

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member

Dony

Distinguished Member
I just think it’s a lame point that because the PL is awash with money that they should have helped.

City gave up approx £350,000 in rent payments on the Carrington training complex and they didn’t look after it properly. It’s sad that this has happened but as a wise old man said to me once “you don’t solve money problems with money”
Money ruining the game has been a feature for a long time now, but sadly it's filtering further down the football pyramid.
Most regulars on here know I'm a committee member of a local club and we are one of the only clubs in our league who will not pay players to play for us. However it's harder and harder for us to attract and keep players when others are prepared to pay them.

This article sums up the difficulties that even the amateur clubs are facing. The club names will mean nothing to anyone reading this post (except me!!!), but you can bet this is the same for every amateur league in the UK and Ireland.

Brendan Crossan: Lurgan Celtic's demise may be tip of the iceberg in football's middle tier

richp007

Distinguished Member

I don't think it's lame at all. I admit that of course some clubs are being run poorly and not managing their finances properly. And the EFL should be doing a fair bit more to ensure investors are fit and proper before they're even allowed near a club.

However we are talking about an extreme case of a club actually going out of business. That's jobs and a community hit. So I think when the game is awash with billions, some help could be found yes. It was only a few million that was needed to prevent Bury from collapsing.

And I imagine there's much lower level clubs too we don't even hear about who go out of business.

I'm also not saying it should have been City alone who helped, but there needs to be a collective responsibility in my opinion. And we all know how most of the figures at the top of the FA, EFL and PL aren't fit for purpose anyway. Which is why so many problems in the game exist. But those problems are for another discussion!

Thanks @Dony too for that link, I'll have a read of it later.

Andy

We could’ve done with El Lampost against those bus parking Barcodes!

Wish him all the best and the slower pace of Serie A should help him.
He'll be good over there, knows the league well too.

Speaking of Serie A, a couple more moves are happening as Icardi is departing Inter for PSG and Mkhitaryan is on his way to Roma.

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
He'll be good over there, knows the league well too.

Speaking of Serie A, a couple more moves are happening as Icardi is departing Inter for PSG and Mkhitaryan is on his way to Roma.
Why did he come on yesterday then, could of got injured a day before he knew he was leaving.
Also he looked ok yesterday, thought he would of stayed at Arsenal as a squad member.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member

Liverpool are eyeing a sensational move for Paris Saint-Germain Kylian Mbappe, according to El Desmarques. The Spanish news outlet reports that the Reds are willing to break the bank to sign the France World Cup winner.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and Manchester City are also said to be after the 20-year-old, but Liverpool are believed to be prepared to pay him €40m (£34.5m) a year to move to Anfield., which works out at £664,000 a week.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Klopp won’t pay that - he does things differently as we all know.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Nah, biggest achievement in PL history will be if United manage to get to 65 points this season.
They got 79 and won it once

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Last edited: