1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summary of 28" Choice needed here!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Philmaximus, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Philmaximus

Philmaximus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've searched high and low through these forums and am outstanded by the knowledge and help many of you can offer to people like me.
    I've currently started looking for a stylish 28" Flat Widescreen, and am drowning in the quantity of Choices.
    It would be great if some of the best chocies of sets to chose could be included in this thread,
    In particular (for me), Picutre and Sound Quality are of course most inportant, along with connectivity. With a price range of maybe £350-700.
    Below - some based on reviews and physically watching screens in showrooms, these widescreen's so far have recieived my attention:

JVC AV-28R25- Great picture -viewed in Comet, bit wide but boasts amazing audio with a built in subwoofer :eek:

Philips' range is wide, the 28PW9308, 28PW6615, 28PW8608C and 28DW6557 look great and boast a lot of technology (put is it any good?)

Sony KD28DX50, KD28DL10U and KV28FX68 have also caught my eye.

I would appreciate if anybody could advise me and others which out of the above and others is maybe the best all round tv, considering aspects such as picture, sound, features and importantly problems that people know of/have experienced.

Also, how bad is this angle allignment problem with the JVC;
    how good is pixel plus an;
    am i right to beleive that 50HHZ seems a better choice than 100, for general viewing/gaming etc :p

look forward to some rapid help before my eyes explode!
    Cheers
    :eek:

Philmaximus

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Look at the Sony 50Hz IDTVs

3. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sony's do have a good rep on here, with mixed feelings for the Tosh, Philips and JVC's.

I have a Panasonic and really like it the TX28PS12 (the 100Hz 28 inch one) you can get the 32 inch version for under £700 and you can switch the set to 50Hz.

4. Skwarkenklux

Skwarkenklux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just taken delivery of a Panasonic TX28PS5, 28" with Dolby Digital and built-in sub. Sound is fantastic, though I'm having a few minor probs with the picture. Gets very good reviews though.

5. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd throw my pennies worth on this TV. I have had the chance to evaluate this one in my home for the last couple of weeks and although it is only a 50Hz and only one of two scarts is RGB, the picture is extremely good.

Rajibear

6. Philmaximus

Philmaximus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx guys for your reply's.

I'll do some research on the models identified and let you know what i think, maybe ask some more questions!