1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suitbale speakers for amp

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by calmac, Nov 15, 2004.

1. calmac

calmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

I am looking at the sa-xr70 panasonic digital amp when it becomes available, my dilema is what speakers do you think would suit but at a cost of no more than £300 - £400 or there about.
    I have absoluetly no experience in this matter and there are not any local shops where i can demo any kit especially with the sa-xr70.
    I am looking in the sub/sat range, nothing big is size as i have a small living room - not looking to upset the neighbors either so would ideally have a good low level sound not overly concerned about max volume.
    I would also like the 5.1 or 6.1 speakers to be equally as good with music as well as dvd and be wall mountable..

Hope I am not asking to much and off course all your experience and thoughts in these issues would be much appreciated and well received.

calmac

2. calmac

calmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody!!!

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    How about Tannoy 5.1 ot Mission M30 cinema - very good value for money.

If you can stretch your budget to £500, then the Wharfedale 9 HCP package has got some very good reviews!

4. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can, have a listen to the Canton CD1 set of sub/sats - they were the most musical sub/sats I listened too (I preferred them to Genies!). You can upgrade them easily by adding Canton CD50s or CD100s later when you want a bigger sound for your music (and if music is important, you almost certainly will!)

Do a search for "Canton germany" - they're much cheaper if you buy from there (half the price!).

5. calmac

calmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks lads
    I was looking at the MS premiere plus system as I have heard they are musical and also have a good movie reproduction (but they dont look the part - hum) but if the cantons are good for music then I may consider them but there is nowhere here in scotland to get a demo at least I very much doubt there is - especially with the said amp.
    I have also read that these digital amps need efficient speakers - what does that mean? and how is it measured.
    I am not looking for power just great low end clarity and presence.

Thanks

Calmac