1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suitable Subwoofer Guidance!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Rogers, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Rogers

Rogers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi All,
    Am on my way to Dubai next week. While am there I would like to get myself a subwoofer as prices there seem to be good. I love the british made ones (wonder if the BKs are available in Dubai? wouldn't that be smashing!!)
    I would really appreciate your advise on an good subwoofer thats not too expensive. I do not want to spend more than 200 dollars ;)
    I run:
    Yamaha RX-V1500.
    Sony SS-MF650H Floorstanders.
    Sony SS-CR350H centre and surround set.
    Grant cabling.
    I have a fairly small room (about 4mx4m) with oversize sofa seats (if that really matters)
    Am looking for slam, tightness and clarity for both music and movies.
    I hope you can point me in a starting direction. Wouldn't want to walk the whole of Dubai testing all sorts of subs :D
    Cheers guys :smashin:
    Rogers
    P.S: Am dying to hear the test results of the BK XLS200 vs SVS PB10 so c'mon guys.....

2. CosmosD

CosmosD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Be careful in Dubai as they have fake everything out there (Gucci, Rolex, Brietling etc..). Probably find some REL subs for 300 dirhams that look the same but have a badge name of RIL.

All joking a side, the only AV stuff I saw was Harmon Kardon but I never actually got to look around the electronics area in Dubai so there may well be all sorts there. Be on your guard though as they will sell you anything! Go out looking for a subwoofer and end up buying square metre of land on Palm Island.

Have a great time, Dubai is a really friendly place and it's bloody hot!