1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suitable sub for my system

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by jtt1888, Jun 2, 2005.

1. jtt1888

jtt1888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My system comprises of a yamaha 630 (replacing with a 750 from Germany tomorrow) AE Evo 3 floorstanding fronts and centre and mission rears.
    I dont have a subwoofer at the moment. My hifi system is completely seperate so im only interested in improving my AV set up.
    My system lacks oomph at the moment and im not sure if its down to the speakers or the underpowered amp(75wX5). Im hoping that the new 750 amp will make a noticeable improvement but do you think a sub is also essential? My open plan room is fairly big at 10m long by approx 5m wide although i only use half of this for watching TV.
    If a sub is recommended my budget would be around £300 and i dont mind buying second hand(the only stipulation is that it is home help friendly, ie maple or any wood finish)
    Sorry about the length of this thread.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    For around £300 look at things like the BK XLS200 and the Mordaunt Short 309. For a bit more look at the SVS PB10 and the BK Monolith.

The second hand market is full of bargains at the moment, look out for any of the othe SVS models and some of the Rel and B&W models. :)