Quantcast

Suitable speakers for a Denon RCD-N9

ms33

Novice Member
Hi guys, new to the forum, I've bought the above and would like advice on the best floor standing speakers.
Someone had mentioned the Mission 782 speakers, as there supposed to be excellent speakers. There's a few for sale at the moment, obviously second hand.
Thanks in advance.

Orobas

If it is this Denon CEOL RCDN9 then you have a healthy 60 watt amp and a good choice of speakers to discuss.... can you confirm if this is the model ?

Orobas

Pop down to your local richer sounds then as they stock the unit... I'd expect to be demoing in the 100 - 200 pound mark for this unit. The cambridge audio sx60, wharfedal diamond 220 sort of thing... the cheaper mordaunt short m10 and its bigger m20 brother.. all ok for new... i would think.... but i would definately go have a listen

ms33

Novice Member
Had a look at the Mordaunt Short M10 and its bigger M20, ideally wanted floor standing.
Was impressed with the MS's though. So I bought a pair of Mordaunt Short Avant MS908R's.
Thanks for your help...:smashin:

Orobas

Had a look at the Mordaunt Short M10 and its bigger M20, ideally wanted floor standing.
Was impressed with the MS's though. So I bought a pair of Mordaunt Short Avant MS908R's.
Thanks for your help...:smashin:
Your amp will struggle with those at volume... be warned. low to mid volume you should be ok though. just dont expect miracles

Last edited:
Top Bottom