Question Suitable small presence speakers

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by HouseofMu, Apr 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HouseofMu

HouseofMu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

My lounge/home cinema surround consists of B&W FPM speakers (FPM6 for FL, FR, Center and FPM5 for RL, RR - they are wall flush mounted) and I'd like to add two front height speakers (known as "presence") from a Yamaha V3900 7.1 channel amp.

I've been looking around for a pair of FPM2's as they're small and would match (aesthetically and sonic-ally) but are proving hard to buy second-hand (typically £120-150 ish) so I'd like recommendation for alternatives ?

Speakers with similar to the FPM2 specs (8ohm, 100w, 80Hz - 20kHz freq) but considerably cheaper (new) I've come across are:

Q ACOUSTICS 2010i GR £99 (has better freq response of 68 - 22,000)

JBL CONTROL 1 £79

Ideally I don't want large bookshelf speakers, but would I notice the quality difference on those channel?
    Any suggestions ?

I assume such front channels are of a limited freq response anyway? Is this still the case with Atmos, would they still be suitable if I upgrade to that, (and add more Side speakers etc)?

Any thoughts?

2. Marc71

Marc71
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    For on-wall mount I highly recommend the DLS Flatbox range of speakers and subs.
    You can find many pics and technical tips in my article.​

IMG_1295_6_7.jpg