Suitable replacement for Pioneer 525...

N

nealgs

Hi All,

What would you suggest as being a suitable replacement for our aging Pioneer 525 MR unit seeing as we have now got a Pioneer 433MXE plasma to watch movies on.

The 525 is currently daisy-chained to our sky box thru RGB SCART, then to a RGB2YUV convert to our Yamaha reciever which then feeds component to the Plasma.

We also have an standard Xbox connected via S-Video which may go to component if we get the Hi-Def kit, so the one remaining component input left on the Yamaha may be used by Xbox

Any suggestions appreciated

cheers
Gary

Pioneer 565, H/K 25 Limit 900SE.

How much are you looking to spend??

thanks for the replies :)

Dfour - hmm, cost, about £300 or so maybe a touch more

horneydragon - is the HDMI/DVI output comptable with the 433MXE as regards to HDCP(?) compatibility or am i wide of the mark on this?

cheers
Gary

433mxe is not HDCP compatable......sorry to tell bad news.

you can get replacement slot board by key digital that gives HDCP
and a few features of the new 434/504 such as the all digital path
but it will set you back a cool £1100

I replaced a pioneer dv525 with a jvc xv-n5 last year and the picture was far better but did not look to clever when I bought my panasonic plasma.
I have just replaced the jvc with a sony dvp 730 with pal progressive scan and the step up again is substantial.
The picture and sound are superb and it only costs £125.00.
You'll be suprised how much dvd players have come on since the dv525!

gandley - didn't think it was :( and only £1100 to fix it, hmm will buy two of them instead :rotfl:

gingerone - thanks for that although i'm not a fan of sony products (not sure why), so would go for either another pioneer (525 has been brilliant) or HK 25/30 or even Panasonic S75 has been quoted as a nice performing unit

cheers all

Gary

There's a Pioneer 565 in the classifieds should you be interested ;).

Failing that the Denon DVD1400 would make sense (although it is interlaced).

I think the PIoneer DV757Ai is selling for silly money now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom