Suitable replacement for Pioneer 525...

N

nealgs

Hi All,

What would you suggest as being a suitable replacement for our aging Pioneer 525 MR unit seeing as we have now got a Pioneer 433MXE plasma to watch movies on.

The 525 is currently daisy-chained to our sky box thru RGB SCART, then to a RGB2YUV convert to our Yamaha reciever which then feeds component to the Plasma.

We also have an standard Xbox connected via S-Video which may go to component if we get the Hi-Def kit, so the one remaining component input left on the Yamaha may be used by Xbox

Any suggestions appreciated

cheers
Gary

Dfour

Pioneer 565, H/K 25 Limit 900SE.

How much are you looking to spend??

hornydragon

HK DVD25/2550/30/506 Arcam DV89???
Or go for a monster intelaced player like a S/H Tosh 9000 or HDMI/DVi player Pio868/668???

N

nealgs

thanks for the replies :)

Dfour - hmm, cost, about £300 or so maybe a touch more

horneydragon - is the HDMI/DVI output comptable with the 433MXE as regards to HDCP(?) compatibility or am i wide of the mark on this?

cheers
Gary

gandley

Novice Member
433mxe is not HDCP compatable......sorry to tell bad news.

you can get replacement slot board by key digital that gives HDCP
and a few features of the new 434/504 such as the all digital path
but it will set you back a cool £1100

gingerone

I replaced a pioneer dv525 with a jvc xv-n5 last year and the picture was far better but did not look to clever when I bought my panasonic plasma.
I have just replaced the jvc with a sony dvp 730 with pal progressive scan and the step up again is substantial.
The picture and sound are superb and it only costs £125.00.
You'll be suprised how much dvd players have come on since the dv525!

N

nealgs

gandley - didn't think it was :( and only £1100 to fix it, hmm will buy two of them instead :rotfl:

gingerone - thanks for that although i'm not a fan of sony products (not sure why), so would go for either another pioneer (525 has been brilliant) or HK 25/30 or even Panasonic S75 has been quoted as a nice performing unit

cheers all

Gary

Dimmy

Banned
There's a Pioneer 565 in the classifieds should you be interested ;).

Failing that the Denon DVD1400 would make sense (although it is interlaced).

I think the PIoneer DV757Ai is selling for silly money now.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom