Suitable glue for Rogers LS7t woofers

stripeyjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was bringing my Rogers LS7t's out of retirement and wondered why they were sounding so farty, when I removed the speaker covers I realise that the glue that holds the rubber surrounds to the speaker cones had perished so the cones are now free floating with the surrounds still attached to the baskets.

Any ideas of a suitable glue to stick them back down? The cones are a plastic material rather than paper.

Thanks all,

joe

Impact adhesive!
read the instructions, and follow them.
Get it at any hardware store.

Thanks @Ken T I'll look into that.. Is that the two part adhesive you mix first?

Thanks @Ken T I'll look into that.. Is that the two part adhesive you mix first?
No.
it is the kind of glue you use for puncture repairs or shoe repair.
Just google it, it is very common glue, again read the instructions first, there is a knack to it.

Evo Stick. Apply a thin smear to each surface, allow it to dry, then press together.

Hi all,read interesting posts on hear quite often but first time posting and thought I should post a reply before you use any impact type of adhesive on plastic Rogers,or any other plastic drivers.
Most of these adhesives have had their solvent content reduced/removed nowadays but there is still,all be it reduced,a risk of damage to the plastic although not so much the rubber surrounds you are going to join,plus I have found these solvent free adhesives not as effective as the originals
Believe it or not a good quality wood glue (Evo stick) will do the job very well.You will need to remove/clean as much of the old glue as possible from areas you need to join and them apply in the same manner as an impact adhesive i.e. apply to both surfaces leave to go tacky then bring both surfaces together.A lot ,if not all, the suppliers (and me) of speaker surround kits (rubber and foam) use derivitives of these PVA type glues for repairing speakers.Love nearly all those old Rogers speakers,in fact love a lot of the old British speakers.Just my tuppence worth as other people have probably used impact adhesive with no problem its just my own experience of repairing many speakers over the years

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom