Suitable cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by merlin41, Aug 21, 2006.

1. merlin41

merlin41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi everyone

I recently joined the forum and am finding it very helpful. There is a bewildering amount of info here and I am slowly making my way around.

I have a short list of Denon 1920 Denon AVR1906 and either a Hitachi PJ 200 or a Panasonic PT-AE900 and Wharfedale Diamond 9 speakers all at the budget end but one advantage of being older is I have largely lost the constant desire for perfection so am more willing to compromise than I used to also my budget is more limited these days being retired.

As a newcomer I would appreciate recommendations for speaker cable to suit this budget also video links etc.

2. Ethan2000

Ethan2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Well I use Silver anniversary for the fronts as I also listen to music so its worth spending a little more on the fronts, but as for the rears I would just get some standard speaker cable as they wont be in use too much and it will help your budget, As your not far from Hereford there is a tidy HI-FI shop here called "English Audio" on Whitecross rd and they supplied all my speaker cable, they also soldered (spelling ?) the banana plugs on for free.

3. baldrick

baldrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Have a read around and look at Van Damme, Cat5 or twin and earth for speaker cables...