Suitable cables

merlin41

Standard Member
Hi everyone

I recently joined the forum and am finding it very helpful. There is a bewildering amount of info here and I am slowly making my way around.

I have a short list of Denon 1920 Denon AVR1906 and either a Hitachi PJ 200 or a Panasonic PT-AE900 and Wharfedale Diamond 9 speakers all at the budget end but one advantage of being older is I have largely lost the constant desire for perfection so am more willing to compromise than I used to also my budget is more limited these days being retired.

As a newcomer I would appreciate recommendations for speaker cable to suit this budget also video links etc.

Ethan2000

Well I use Silver anniversary for the fronts as I also listen to music so its worth spending a little more on the fronts, but as for the rears I would just get some standard speaker cable as they wont be in use too much and it will help your budget, As your not far from Hereford there is a tidy HI-FI shop here called "English Audio" on Whitecross rd and they supplied all my speaker cable, they also soldered (spelling ?) the banana plugs on for free.

baldrick

Novice Member
Have a read around and look at Van Damme, Cat5 or twin and earth for speaker cables...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom